Supertuck Owners - Combat Cut ... Yes/No?

This is a discussion on Supertuck Owners - Combat Cut ... Yes/No? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know there are alot of Crossbreed Supertuck owners out here as many of your comments are driving me to purchase one for my G19. ...

Thread: Supertuck Owners - Combat Cut ... Yes/No?

Supertuck Owners - Combat Cut ... Yes/No?

I know there are alot of Crossbreed Supertuck owners out here as many of your comments are driving me to purchase one for my G19. I would love some opinions on whether to get the combat cut or the standard cut.

I am also in need of a good carry belt and am going to get one from Crossbreed. Anyone have any thoughts on getting the velcro package on that belt? Apparently it gives some additional belt clip options offering better concealment. I am going to make my purchase this evening and wanted some quick thoughts. Thanks all.

2. Remove Ads

I would say get the standard and cut it yourself with a razor knife if you so choose. Saves you some money.

Absolutely get the Combat Cut. I have worn both and there is no difference in comfort. You can obtain a much better and quicker grip with the combat cut. Without it, you must slide your thumb between the leather and the grip. In a desperate situation that could be an issue

I got the Crossbreed belt with the velcro option and love it. I actually think it makes it easier to put the holster on as you don't have to get the metal clips over the belt and it slides easier to adjust it's position before you lock it down by tightening the belt. Once the velcro is attached to the belt, it's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MO XD View Post
    Absolutely get the Combat Cut. I have worn both and there is no difference in comfort. You can obtain a much better and quicker grip with the combat cut. Without it, you must slide your thumb between the leather and the grip. In a desperate situation that could be an issue
    In my case it's either leather and grip,or skin and grip
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

+1 on the combat cut. I have the standard cut and wear it everyday but it would be easier to get a full grip with the combat cut. I'll cut mine soon but it sure is comfortable as is. Maybe get the standard and see how you like it, then cut it later if it doesn't work for you.

EdC
    I had the standard cut on the first Crossbreed I had, a fits all size 1911, Didn't like the standard cut, for the reason the other posters said, so I cut it down myself. Didn't like the Combat cut, either, because for me, it got in the way of the thumb safety on the draw. Just the way I do it. So I cut it down further, and it's fine now for me.

I have the Combat Cut for my Walther PPS, and like it.

You may also want to look into the MTAC Minotaur ($80) or Spartan ($64). I have a Spartan for my XD45, and I like it a little better than the Crossbreeds. MTAC's come with "combat cut" as standard. Both MTAC and Crossbreed make a good product and have good customer service, IMHO.

You're getting opinions all over the lot, especially with mine to follow:

I have three SuperTucks, none with the combat cut. I prefer maximum comfort and have no problem with gripping and drawing. The pistol's grip is going to be against leather or against shirt or against skin, and you need to get your thumb in there to draw regardless.

I ordered one Supertuck with the velcro option and had one belt made with it and I don't like it at all. The velcro makes an already thick belt thicker and I find it difficult to adjust the placement of the holster if I don't get it placed perfectly the first time - place holster, not quite right, RIIIIIIPPPPP off the velcro, try again, RIIIIPPPP, etc. I find it much easier with the standard clip holster to place them over the belt, slide a little back and forth for where I like it, done.

JMO, YMMV.

PS: I'm glad I tried the velcro system, now I no longer wonder if it's better, but it's not for me.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

I opted for the combat cut and can get a great grip on my G19 when I go to draw from the holster. I wear an undershirt to provide a layer between the grip and my body. I also would rather Marks people make the cut than my butterfingers.

I've never used one without the combat grip or with the velcro.

I do not (yet anyway) tuck my shirt in when carrying, so the black steel clips over my black Crossbreed belt are fine. I doubt anyone, unless they CC, would notice the clips and figure out what they are for if I did tuck.

I also would recommend the horsehide option, it is supposed to handle perspiration/moisture better than cowhide.

You've made a good choice in Crossbreed. The Crossbreed belt order may take a little longer than just a holster, mine took 18 days (4 of those were weekend days), but it was much quicker than promised. You cannot beat the warranty and 2 week trial period.

Joker1

definetly combat cut it is worth the cost
    It's better to be judged by 12 the carried by 6!

Yes. I have it. I like it. You could order it plain and if you decide you need it do it yourself. My friend just did this. BTW he decided he wanted the cut after he got the holster.

I have one with and one without... I prefer the combat grip as it does make it easier to grip the gun, however it isnt "hard" to grip the gun without it. I also didnt notice any difference in comfort between the two.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I have one with the Velcro belt and together they rock! It took a day or two to get used to, but once the velcro is locked in the holster is not going anywhere. The belt does add some (negligible, IMHO) thickness, but the locked down holster is worth it.

I would order the standard cut, and modify it if you feel it's necessary. Whatever options you choose you are getting a great holster setup.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Thanks all for the opinions. I just ordered the item and decided to get it in the standard cut. I figured if I had trouble with the standard fit it was easier to cut off than put it back. Crossbreed's FAQ's said they would make the combat cut later if necessary (provided I didn't have the nerve to cut it down myself and was up for shipping it back and forth). I also ordered the belt with the velcro.

Thanks again for all the opinions. It looks like I can't go wrong with this setup.

Links