Cabela's Shoulder Holster

This is a discussion on Cabela's Shoulder Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have every conceivable kind of holster but I have always wanted a good shoulder holster. But, what I didn't want, was to pay the ...

Thread: Cabela's Shoulder Holster

Cabela's Shoulder Holster

I have every conceivable kind of holster but I have always wanted a good shoulder holster. But, what I didn't want, was to pay the high price that holster makers are asking for their various creations.

Recently I was noodling on the Cabela's net site and came across their Triple K Ultra Shoulder Holster Cabela's -- Triple K Ultra Shoulder Holster and started reading the customer evaluations that Cabela's provides. I was taken by the overall positive, even laudatory, tenor of these evaluations. At $74.99, and with Cabela's outstanding return policy I thought, "what the heck" and ordered one for my Commander style 1911. It arrived recently and I want to share my experiences with it. First, a picture from the Cabela's net site.

It is all leather though the shoulder straps are a different kind of leather (softer) than the holster and magazine carrier. The softer shoulder straps IMHO make for a very comfortable carry situation.

The evaluations all pretty much said that the gun and the mags holder would fit tight but would stretch and contour to the gun and mags in short amount of time. About two days for me. A word about the evaulations. I read each and every one of them and, overall, they did a very good job of describing the shoulder holster.

I am 6'3" and weigh 260 and was concerned that the holster would be too small/tight for me. That has not been the case at all. Despite my size the shoulder holster fits well and allows for adjustment.

I am quite pleased with the product and recommend it highly - that is, if you want/need a shoulder holster. For the price and the apparent quality this is a good buy.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dairycreek View Post
    I have every conceivable kind of holster but I have always wanted a good shoulder holster. But, what I didn't want, was to pay the high price that holster makers are asking for their various creations.

Recently I was noodling on the Cabela's net site and came across their Triple K Ultra Shoulder Holster Cabela's -- Triple K Ultra Shoulder Holster and started reading the customer evaluations that Cabela's provides. I was taken by the overall positive, even laudatory, tenor of these evaluations. At $74.99, and with Cabela's outstanding return policy I thought, "what the heck" and ordered one for my Commander style 1911. It arrived recently and I want to share my experiences with it. First, a picture from the Cabela's net site.

It is all leather though the shoulder straps are a different kind of leather (softer) than the holster and magazine carrier. The softer shoulder straps IMHO make for a very comfortable carry situation.

The evaluations all pretty much said that the gun and the mags holder would fit tight but would stretch and contour to the gun and mags in short amount of time. About two days for me. A word about the evaulations. I read each and every one of them and, overall, they did a very good job of describing the shoulder holster.

I am 6'3" and weigh 260 and was concerned that the holster would be too small/tight for me. That has not been the case at all. Despite my size the shoulder holster fits well and allows for adjustment.

I am quite pleased with the product and recommend it highly - that is, if you want/need a shoulder holster. For the price and the apparent quality this is a good buy.
    Thanks for the review. I'm a shoulder holster guy myself. It seems like a lot of us bigger guys like them better than IWB/OWB types.

I'm using a cheap $30 holster right now and its not real comfortable. It does its job, but I would not mind if it was more flexible. I've looked at the Cabellas one before but was worried that for $75 it would not be much better than my $30 one. And I cannot afford to spend $200 like some I've seen.

Does it conceal well ? I'm looking for a good way to cc my new pt 1911 .
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police

mjmoore
    Does it conceal well ? I'm looking for a good way to cc my new pt 1911 .
    I have been wearing the shoulder holster over a T-shirt and under a light, cotton jacket and, for me, the concealment has been excellent.

Weather's quite hot right now but I think concealment will not be a problem as it gets cooler.
    GOOD SHOOTING

Dairycreek. The photo shows the handgun almost horizontal. Do the attachment points allow it to go "muzzle up" at around 45 degrees? A 45 degrees angle (with magazine down and muzzle up) is a good wasy to conceal the handgun under the arm pit and will minimize printing. Some shoulder holsters I have looked at do not swivel very well to allow this kind of tilt. What angle has worked best for you for concealment?

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I would like to add one to my collection some day too. Looks like the Cabelas model doesn't have one for my model of Glock yet. Thanks for sharing, I'll have to check back on them in a couple months.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

1923mack
    Dairycreek. The photo shows the handgun almost horizontal. Do the attachment points allow it to go "muzzle up" at around 45 degrees? A 45 degrees angle (with magazine down and muzzle up) is a good wasy to conceal the handgun under the arm pit and will minimize printing. Some shoulder holsters I have looked at do not swivel very well to allow this kind of tilt. What angle has worked best for you for concealment?
    The holster does allow for adjusting the cant of the pistol. My personal preference is for the grip/muzzle of my Commander to be raised such that my hand goes right to it and the structure of the holster does allow that to be done quite easily. I tend to wear the pistol somewhat below my armpit but, as to just what that angle might be I can't really say. Suffice it to say the the structure of the holster allows for significant adjustment for both the pistol and the magazines as well.
    GOOD SHOOTING

Links