Need help with a holster for my Sig p232

This is a discussion on Need help with a holster for my Sig p232 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If anyone has this cute little gun and can give me advice, I'd appreciate that. I'm trying to figure a good way to carry this ...

Thread: Need help with a holster for my Sig p232

If anyone has this cute little gun and can give me advice, I'd appreciate that. I'm trying to figure a good way to carry this pistol and an extra mag. For work I only need to wear dress pants and a polo-style shirt, I could wear a jacket but that gets hot. After work I wear shorts and an un-tucked shirt, so that's a little easier. An IWB appendix carry seems like it would be comfortable and I could reach the pistol while sitting, but most of the holsters I've seen have a forward tilt which would make that harder. Your thoughts and experiences would be helpful.

I use the Tucker Silent Thunder IWB, it's a great holster and their service is unbelievable. They now make that holster for the Sig 232. The holster is adjustable and is a Kydex that is leather lined. You'll love your Sig. 232 it's a great .380.

Tucker Gunleather
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

I carry my P232 in an IWB that I made myself. It is very well hidden.

EW3
    Crossbreed Supertuck.

Crossbreed Holsters > Home
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

There are many excellent posts here on factors to consider in selecting a holster/carry means, I would suggest you read at least several as there is a great deal to be observed/learned/considered. Plus, tmany are entertaining as well!
    I personally really like my thunderware. I make constant transitions from sitting/standing, computer, office, car, bank, wherever, and its just there, despite varying levels of activity, sitting, standing, leaning over, picking up stock, greeting customers, meetings, new customer visits etc etc. while business casual (polo shirt/dress shirt, slacks). These factors/considerations are important for my situation, although yours may differ considerably. My other issue is I have an iffy back (sciatica) that is sensitive to excessive belt tension resulting from many of the IWB holsters I have tried (exacerbated by my small waist (skinny). While I do have a crossbreed that is very comfortable, I still feel like I have a neon light on my head that says HOLSTER with those J hooks on the outside of my belt. Since my mental status can reflect in my manerrisms, posture, etc I just do not have the same confidence to use my supertuck at work as I do my thunderware. I use the supertuck away from work when I can wear my shirt out, and I have a diiferent mode of operation/situation than work presents. Just my $.02 Good luck.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    HBE Pro TL ... Excellent holster for the P232.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

fwiw- went camping for 4 days and kept the thunderware with p232 on the whole time rather than switch to another sidearm/holster set-up.
    Really nice, especially since front access for me is more practical in colder weather with several layers of shirts and sweaters makes the regular strong side carry difficult at best.

I won't stop racing when I get old, I will get old when I stop racing

NRA Life, Master Mason, Jack-of-All-Trades (Master of None)

Sponsored Links