Question about galco paddle holsters

This is a discussion on Question about galco paddle holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking at Galco's speed paddle and their concealed carry paddle holster for my J-frame. Of these two which holster holds the the gun in ...

I'm looking at Galco's speed paddle and their concealed carry paddle holster for my J-frame. Of these two which holster holds the the gun in closer and tighter against that body?
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

I have the Galco Concealed Carry Paddle Holster...I have only used it for SD pistol courses. It does not hug the body, and I found that I had to undo my buckle and pants to get the thing off...PITA. My Fist clip holsters are all one hand removal, and my Fist #12 Basic OWB holster keeps the gun as tight against my body as any IWB holster. OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I use one with an SP101. The Speed Paddle works well if you're in the position where you have to do a lot of on-and-off (don't have to loosen belt/pants) or for a quick grab and go. I find it holds close enough, depending your belt and cover garment.
    Steve

I have a Galco concealable paddle holster. As said already, it does not fit close to your body, and does not conceal my 1911 at all well. I also find it difficult to remove.

My Galco paddle holster has now failed where the paddle attaches to the holster pouch. They use a pair of toothed plastic disks with a center screw to allow adjustment of the cant of the gun. Those disks have now worn to the point that the holster won't hold position if bumped hard. Mine is therefore in the holster box. I really should contact Galco and see if they will do something about this, but I would never want another of these holsters and do not recommend them.

There are better paddle holsters out there, and I'm sure you will get good advice from others with the J-frame.

CP Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Only Galco paddle I have is the Yaqui Paddle/Slide for a 1911. I've found it to be convenient, but it does not hug the body at all. Getting it off was difficult at first, but I developed a routine of rotating it that was okay.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I have a ccp for my G23. Decent in winter but not everyday just a tshirt concealment. I would bet on the speed paddle first. But for general paddles I would look at the Kramer MSP paddle it seems to be higly regarded.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    I have the Speed paddle with a j frame. It is secure and can be challenging to remove from say, a seated position in the vehicle. I tend to use mine only in the winter when I have a coat for cover. It does not ride close, but it does not flop like other paddles.

You did not mention which j frame, but if you have a hammerless model, the Bianchi lightning is one of the best off the rack belt holsters for the j frame. Fits close, has a thumbsnap for retention, and is well made - been around a long time.

I have a Galco Paddle for a 3913. I attempted to wear it a few times but found it was stuck out too much and was too loose for the pistol. It has sat in my holster box for four years now. I have never tried another paddle hoslter since.
    SA 1911 4" & 5"
    S&W M&Pc .40
    S&W 686
    S&W 36
    2X S&W 3913
    S&W99 .40

sorry i can't answer about thier addle holsters but i do have a few ther type
    of galco holsters (both iwb and owb) good quilty and quite comfotable also.
    good luck in yu'e quest. a few shops i've been to will looking at holsters have
    been very helpful as far as trying on diff holsters w/ diff guns to see what will
    wok best for ya. best of luck to ya again. also you can't forget you're holster drawer at home. kinda mantatory. lol
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

My favorite holster for my J frames is the Galco SM100B. It snuggs up better than anything else I've tried.

Links