Defensive Carry banner

To velcro or not to velcro, that is the question...

962 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  billpocz 
#1 ·
I'm sorry if this is a rehash of any previous velcro threads, I did a search but didn't turn up much...

I am considering a Supertuck holster for my P6. I've read a bundle of reviews and it seems like they have a good product (and they offer a holster for a P6).

Now, I am wondering if I want to use the velcro option on the gun belt or not. I am just concerned that everything won't be as secure as if I use the standard clips.

The weight of a fully loaded P6 is exactly 32 oz.

Experience or comments are greatly welcomed!

#2 ·
I'm using a velcro belt with an MTAC holster and a Glock 26. I honestly can't tell a difference in function or feel compared to when I was using the 'C' clips. Well, that's not quite true. The velcro setup is a little more comfortable due to the clips being shorter in length, I think.

In both cases I got the belt nice and snug. Velcro really doesn't like to move when you apply shear to it (as opposed to pulling it away).

One thing I would change. I got a 1-1/4" belt rather than a 1-1/2" belt and I wish I had gotten the thicker belt because the portion of the clips with the velcro is actually wider than my 1-1/4" belt and it peeks either above the belt or below it.

#3 ·
I have a velcro lined Beltman and the V-clips for my MTAC. I tried them a few times, but I just don't like they way they ride compared to the standard clips. I probably won't be trying any more velcro on future holsters...

#4 ·
I'm a big fan of the velcro clips especially for maximum concealability! I use the CBST with v-clips for my Sig P239 which isn't much lighter than your P6 and have no problems with them supporting the weight. Yes, they aren't as easy to put on, but they don't slide around like normal clips might and they are very hidden.

Here's one of my vids showing it in use. YouTube - Crossbreed SuperTuck - Untucked & Tucked

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies!

Does a belt with velcro inside cause any additionaly wear on pants (where it rides near the beltloops)?

Great video ev239! Really shows off the Supertuck (or doesn't show it)!

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.