Searching For Opinions: P239 IWB

This is a discussion on Searching For Opinions: P239 IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello All, I'm considering a P239 (unsure at this point whether it will end up being the standard, DAK, SAS, etc. if it matters) and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searching For Opinions: P239 IWB

Hello All,

I'm considering a P239 (unsure at this point whether it will end up being the standard, DAK, SAS, etc. if it matters) and am looking for advice and opinions on IWB holsters for it.

I live in South Florida, which means ridiculously hot and shockingly humid. Shorts, sandals, and t-shirts get me through 11+ months of the year so I believe from reading that IWB carry is probably the best solution for me.

Since I'm a newly minted CWP holder and have never carried concealed before... I'm looking for first-hand recommendations on holster options. I welcome any and all input. Thanks in advance!
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Well, I carry a P226 on a Spartan, and its comftrable. I wear jeans and a tshirt. it hides well enough and works just fine. Would work the same with shorts if not better since shorts are a bit more 'loose'

that being said I'm from South FL too, so :)

I'd reccomend the spartan from comptac. MTAC if you want double sided leather, which makes no diff to me. I actually like the spartan more because it's thinner and the rough side of the leather grabs the body better.

another option is the supertuck, but I think its a bit bulkier than the spartan

very similar though, here is one member using it with a P239

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaWyS3cTMHA

Thanks taseal, maybe we can shoot together sometime. I'm just up the road in Boynton Beach.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    Thanks taseal, maybe we can shoot together sometime. I'm just up the road in Boynton Beach.
    you let me know pal

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    Well, I carry a P226 on a Spartan, and its comftrable. I wear jeans and a tshirt. it hides well enough and works just fine. Would work the same with shorts if not better since shorts are a bit more 'loose'

that being said I'm from South FL too, so :)

I'd reccomend the spartan from comptac. MTAC if you want double sided leather, which makes no diff to me. I actually like the spartan more because it's thinner and the rough side of the leather grabs the body better.

another option is the supertuck, but I think its a bit bulkier than the spartan

very similar though, here is one member using it with a P239

YouTube - Crossbreed SuperTuck - Untucked & Tucked
    I really like how thoroughly this holster in the video seems to conceal the weapon, does anyone have any first-hand experience?

I'd recommend a couple of Milt Sparks products, specifically in horsehide.

The Versa Max 2 of course, or the Watch Six.

I'm partial to leather, and find these to be great products.

I don't have experience with UBG's IWB holsters, but the OWB one I have tells me that this is another viable option as a finely crafted product and good value.

Good luck!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I really like how thoroughly this holster in the video seems to conceal the weapon, does anyone have any first-hand experience?
    a ton... just search for 'supertuck' or 'crossbreed'

You want to shop for quality holsters, reasonably priced, and delivered fairly quickly?
    Look here...
    HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

So I think I've pretty much decided that the Crossbreed Supertuck is going to be the direction that I go for the 239 I'm looking to purchase. At this point I have two more questions I hope that somebody can answer:

1. I see at the top of this forum there is a thread that has been building for the last two years about people that are disgruntled with holster manufacturers. I skimmed through the thread and didn't see anything concerning Crossbreed, which I assume is a good sign. For any of you that have ordered a holster from Crossbreed, what has your turnaround time been? Have you had any issues getting what you've ordered? My order would be pretty standard, black cowhide without the combat cut with the only specification being my gun model. Any input on this would be appreciated.

2. I e-mailed Crossbreed directly, but perhaps somebody here can answer this question as well. Do distributors at gun shows sell Crossbreed holsters? There is a gun show in town next weekend and I'd obviously prefer to check it out in person before I buy, plus that would obviously speed the process.

Thanks again, in advance.

So I think I've pretty much decided that the Crossbreed Supertuck is going to be the direction that I go for the 239 I'm looking to purchase. At this point I have two more questions I hope that somebody can answer:

1. I see at the top of this forum there is a thread that has been building for the last two years about people that are disgruntled with holster manufacturers. I skimmed through the thread and didn't see anything concerning Crossbreed, which I assume is a good sign. For any of you that have ordered a holster from Crossbreed, what has your turnaround time been? Have you had any issues getting what you've ordered? My order would be pretty standard, black cowhide without the combat cut with the only specification being my gun model. Any input on this would be appreciated.

2. I e-mailed Crossbreed directly, but perhaps somebody here can answer this question as well. Do distributors at gun shows sell Crossbreed holsters? There is a gun show in town next weekend and I'd obviously prefer to check it out in person before I buy, plus that would obviously speed the process.

Thanks again, in advance.
    Both crossbreed and comp-tac are great to deal with and the holster are great and they have decent return policies. Additionally since both are pretty quick you may actually delay things waiting until next week, that said I don't believe I have ever seen either at a gun show, but I could be wrong.

FWIW, I have both a Comp Tac MTAC and a Supertuck for my P239, and prefer the MTAC, but they both work well. As NC Buckey states, both companies are good to deal with.

I prefer my K&D Dakota Defender more than either, but sounds like they aren't available any more. W/o the K&D option, I probably would have gotten an AKJ Concealco.

-john

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I have an MTAC for my P220 that works great... I also am in Florida (about 140 today, I think), and I am sold on the SmartCarry... I use it about 80% of the time. I also wear it outside my shorts, covered with an untucked Hawaiian shirt... works like a charm...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

EW3
    Get what I have for my P239, a Crossbreed Supertuck with the horsehide backing.

Horsehide is supposed to be much better in your kind of weather.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

For those of you who use the Comp-Tac MTAC or Comp-Tac Spartan, why did you go with one as opposed to the other? In other words, what do you prefer about the MTAC as opposed to the Spartan or vice versa?

Mtac is the better made of the two the spartan was brought out to compete with crossbreed. For my money the mtac is worth the difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links