IWB printing while sitting or bent over?

This is a discussion on IWB printing while sitting or bent over? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you that carry IWB how do prevent printing while sitting or bending over? Is there a fix or do you just deal ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB printing while sitting or bent over?

For those of you that carry IWB how do prevent printing while sitting or bending over? Is there a fix or do you just deal with it?

I just got a nice HBE offset clip holster for my 3 inch 1911. I tried it out today and it feels great... just can't seem to get around the above mentioned problem.

when it's warm out I wear a t-shirt and cargo shorts or pants.

I usually just fix my shirt, nice and casually like.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I wear a Crossbreed Supertuck with a 30 degree cant at the 8:30 position,I'm lefty,be about 3:30 for a righty,with the cant and position I can bend over and not print at all.the Supertuck is adjustable for whatever cant you feel works best
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

cmb
    T-shirts print more on me as well... The way I dress is mostly tucked in shirt in a tuckable hoslter, once tucked in tight and belt is fastened snug I pull some slack up in the shirt enough to allow it hang over my belt a little all the way around. I wear mostly polo shirts (heavier feel not the t-shirt material) I conceal a full size 45 with no prob... With a tshirt untucked it prints as you say for me also but tucked in as with the polo it is a little better. I do wear polo untucked also and they seem to be fine... if i need to be more discreet i just carry the light weight and thiner 9mm

most would not notice... and I have had some close friends not figure it out especially a 35 oz 8 in long 5.5 inch tall 1911.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckInNy View Post
    For those of you that carry IWB how do prevent printing while sitting or bending over? Is there a fix or do you just deal with it?

Don't bend over, squat!

Sitting I don't worry about it much as my arm hides my printing to the side. I do have to be careful in wooden booths not to "clunk" the butt against the back!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I worried about this a lot too when I first started carrying and I asked for just about the same advise on this forum. I wear the Supertuck with my Kel-Tec P-11 under an untucked tee-shirt at about 4:30. Instead of bending over I squat as mentioned. I know that sometimes the butt of my pistol still pokes out a little bit. But I don't even think twice about it anymore. It could be anything, pager, phone, radio, etc. Nobody has ever asked me about it.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

When you sit, try to get a seat with the gun toward the inside of the table, or have someone sit next to your strong side.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I have always had extreme fwd cant's on my holsters,in the summer I just wear an untucked outer shirt with a T shirt underneath and I don't print.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckInNy View Post

I just got a nice HBE offset clip holster for my 3 inch 1911. I tried it out today and it feels great... just can't seem to get around the above mentioned problem.

when it's warm out I wear a t-shirt and cargo shorts or pants.
    Here's my humble advice for you. Being aware is number one. Think of yourself in rush-hour traffic wanting to switch lanes and get over to make a turn up ahead.......keep checking your mirrors..side, rear, side...know where you are and where others are. Same with you and your carry...be aware of what's happening whenever you do this or that and arrange yourself accordingly. Don't wait until you feel the draft of air on your side blowing in under your shirt and over the grip of your pistol. It will become easier for you the more you do it and there's really no reason to change the way you carry, but good reasons for you to change the ways you are when you carry, and these methods can be very discreet and nobody will be the wiser that you are indeed carrying. Make any sense? Above all.....don't look at it and examine it like a blister that needs lancing. Just feel it and rearrange yourself accordingly before it happens since you already know when it might happen. Head it off at the pass!

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I wear a Crossbreed Supertuck with a 30 degree cant at the 8:30 position,I'm lefty,be about 3:30 for a righty,with the cant and position I can bend over and not print at all.the Supertuck is adjustable for whatever cant you feel works best
    thats where I carry, and still print if I bend. might have something to do with the 226 that I carry lol

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    I'd say fiddle with your placement--3:30 - 4:30 works for me but your body type may require a different location. Blousing the shirt a little also does wonders. When I stand, I sometimes need to check to make sure the shirt hasn't wedged between the butt of the gun and my side.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

iwb at 1 o-clock

I have carried at 5 to 5:30 in the past with a tuckable holster. I would wear two T-shirts, one under and one over the gun. Then when I would bend over, the T-shirt would prevent the outer shirt from wedging in behind the gun.

I have a brand new Crossbreed so I am trying different things at the moment. I think I may be able to go without that extra T-shirt--thank goodness!

here is mine when I bend

The right clothing is a big help.

Extra length in back so it doesn't uncover, roomy around the waist and tucked and bloused out a little. Then stick to prints and patterned shirts that break up the outline if you do start to print. My favorites this time of year are tall/big all-cotton print shirts, not as loud as Hawaiins but similar. Then have a good IWB holster that holds it tight in and canted forward.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links