Warthog Holster

This is a discussion on Warthog Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone found a decent concealed carry holster for a Para-Ordnance Warthog? I appreciate any suggestions....

Thread: Warthog Holster

Warthog Holster

Has anyone found a decent concealed carry holster for a Para-Ordnance Warthog? I appreciate any suggestions.

2. Remove Ads

3" barrel, should fit in a Colt Defender holster (I'm guessing). I've found with the 3" guns (I just carry them inside the waistband) that the barrel tends to stick right at the nerves in my hip, and the holster needs some leather to spread that out.
    Gary Brommeland (a member on this forum) makes one that will work fine. Note the extra leather at the bottom, that's what I'm referencing.
    If you need a metal band on top for reholstering, Milt Sparks EX will do it.
    And welcome! How do you like your Warthog? I've been thinking about getting one...

Thanks for the response.

David - I appreciate the info. I like the Warthog for the capacity and it shoots well. Have not had any feed or ejection problem like I had with my first full size Springfield. I had problems of it shooting to the left no matter what I did with the sights when I first got it and I sent it back to Para and they fixed it and had it back to me the second day. You cannot beat that kind of turn around time. It is a little wide due the double stack which makes me wish I had an extended slide release as I cannot reach it with my thumb. There are those that say you should not use the slide release in any event. Sorry to ramble. I will try to find the holsters you reference.

My favorite .45 by far is my H&K USP Compact. Have never had a problem with it and it shoots well. Not a bad carry gun.

Thanks,

Rick

Gary Brommeland also offers a reinforced mouthband version of his Max-Con V holster called the Max-Con VI. It's not listed on his website yet but from what he's said the two are identical other than the mouthbands. Give him a shout to find out more.
    Jack

maclean3 - Spoke to Gary the other day. Have ordered belt, holster , and mag. holder. THanks, Rick

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    I use any of the Commander size holsters for my WartHog as the little bit of extra leather helps stabilize the pistol and keeps it from wanting to somersault over your belt.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfr
    maclean3 - Spoke to Gary the other day. Have ordered belt, holster , and mag. holder. THanks, Rick
    I didn't order a belt with my holster but I took care of that when I called to tell him my holster arrived. Did you order the Max-Con V or VI?
    Jack

maclean - I ordered the Def-Con. After speaking with Gary we both felt that it was the best option. With the inside the belt type I would be forever trying to keep my pants up.

Rick

AnimalKracker - Thanks for the heads up. I will check with Gary about that.

Rick

Make sure to give us a report on your DefCon. I'm sure it'll be a great holster but it's always nice to hear first impressions. I'm looking into maybe getting one myself soon.
    Jack

Links