drop leg hidden cargo pants holster - anyone see this before?

This is a discussion on drop leg hidden cargo pants holster - anyone see this before? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm always keeping my eyes out for new and inventive ways to carry. I found this while doing a search online; hidden drop lrg holsters ...

Thread: drop leg hidden cargo pants holster - anyone see this before?

drop leg hidden cargo pants holster - anyone see this before?

I'm always keeping my eyes out for new and inventive ways to carry. I found this while doing a search online; hidden drop lrg holsters for cargo pants....

Handgun holsters designed to conceal your handgun in a concealed carry holster system

pretty much a drop leg holster that you use with your cargo pants pocket. you have to cut slits in your pocket so that the straps can run through and around your leg.

looks like a pretty cool idea, anyone try them?

2. Remove Ads

It seems to be a rather uncomfortable and a 'semi-bulky' carry style to me...it does doesn't print, but it screams "I just robbed a candy store, and I've got the candy to prove it."
    I can't imagine his bathroom usage technique...
    OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Damn! I LMAO when the shooter went to reinsert that cannon in his pocket and a gunshot went off at the exact moment. Anyway, I simply can’t imagine carrying two the 33-round clips in any pocket. The pants would simply hang down so bad that anyone could see that you have a serious problem. Dang, sometimes I really enjoy this forum...
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Magazine,magazine,magazine!!!!!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler View Post
    Magazine,magazine,magazine!!!!!!
    Dang brother, thanks so much for bringing something constructive to the table; my bad! My first military rifle was an M1 so occasionally, it sorta bleeds out.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

ha, yeah I think they call mags "clips" on the website

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    Could you imagine trying to draw your pistol from that rig while you were in a "Fowled Up Tangle" with an armed bad guy? It just doesn't look too ideal to me. YMMV.

I could see the wheel chair scenario working pretty well, though.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Just what everyone needs, an old fashioned garter belt for their carry gun!!!
    NRA life member.

Saber! I can't believe you said clip, out of all you people!!!!!! good thing it has been IMMEDIATELY corrected! lol :)

Not for me. But if it works for you and fits into your scheme of things, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    ..........Anyway, I simply can’t imagine carrying two the 33-round clips in any pocket. The pants would simply hang down so bad that anyone could see that you have a serious problem. .................
    Not trying to defend this Rube Goldberg contraption, but if you look at the products page, the weight of the mags. isn't on the pocket, it's suspended by the garter attachment. The pocket only covers it up.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

There are lots of ways to covertly carry a handgun. Some make sense to me, others seem, well..., uh, less than wise. While this method/product hints in both directions, the choice is always (ALWAYS) a compromise. I liked the idea of a cross-draw holster until an experienced (pro LEO) friend showed me how easily it allowed a gun-snatch. I liked the idea of a SOB holster until I considered that a rearward fall positions a heavy metal object to sharply strike the base of my spine. I thought a purse holster for my wife was a fine concept until she forgot & left her regular purse at a restaurant. The point being - innovations are GREAT, but tried & true carry methods that have stood the real-world tests of circumstance, situation & Murphy's Law are, IMHO, the best way to keep the odds of survival in my favor. So it's high-quality, well-recommended OWB & IWB holsters for me. And this isn't one.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I find myself weirdly fascinated by how similar the male and female models look. They both look like they stepped out of a Robert Palmer video...except, of course, that all the backup singers were women. They look like mannequins, though. I hope they are mannequins... I really want to believe those are mannequins.

I find myself cringing at the repeated references to "clip holsters." Some might think this too judgmental, but I see somebody who doesn't even know basic terminology for his field and I am going to doubt how much they know about that field in general. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

As for the product, I just don't think thigh holsters are a great carry method. The gun moves with the leg which means it's position with respect to the draw hand is changing much more than a belt holster does. Thigh holsters are not tremendously comfortable (at least with larger pistols), because they tend to shift and wobble while you walk and bang into things when you sit down. I personally find a thigh holster to be a compromise for the case when the belt is unavailable for a standard holster.

So, my take---if your gun is small enough to mitigate some of those difficulties, then it is small enough for a basic pocket holster in the cargo pocket. Used on a female for a smaller gun, it might be an improvement over a basic strap-on thigh-holster by adding the drop loop off the belt for better stability, though.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Links