Is El Paso Saddlery Still In Business?

This is a discussion on Is El Paso Saddlery Still In Business? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gents, My wife ordered me an El Paso Saddlery holster back in mid-June and it hasn't shown up yet. I left 3 voicemails over the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is El Paso Saddlery Still In Business?

Is El Paso Saddlery Still In Business?

Gents,

My wife ordered me an El Paso Saddlery holster back in mid-June and it hasn't shown up yet. I left 3 voicemails over the past two weeks without so much as a call-back.

Are these guys still open? If not, I'm pissed because they charged my credit card weeks ago as if the product shipped and I haven't seen or heard diddly.

Thanks in advance.
    maximumrob

2. Remove Ads

I was in EPS the first week of June... they were still in business then...the guy told me that it would be a couple of month wait on an order...I didn't order anything...I looked at some of the samples that he had laying on the counter...their specialty is western style rigs..I'm not real crazy about their CCW holsters...I think David Bullard in Azle, Tx beats em...with only a 30 day wait... the guy at EPS wasn't very friendly either...just my observations...Robbie

VIP Member
    They had a large booth at the NRA convention in Phoenix in May.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    EPS has long been rather behind in filling orders, and it has been years since they were easy to reach on the phone. They make excellent leather products, but you don't order from them if you are in a hurry. There is nothing new about this, and it has been discussed on numerous forums in the past.

FWIW, they are not the only holster makers who have backlogs and are difficult to contact. I could name a few, but don't want to get off-topic.

I like the way Milt Sparks works to limit their backlog to 26 weeks by limiting the number of orders they will accept

Administrator

Here You Go

El Paso Saddlery - Holsters

TELEPHONE ORDERS: We are always happy to process your order over the phone. Our order desk is open Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Mountain Standard Time.

PHONE: 915-544-2233
    FAX: 915-544-2535

PAYMENT: We accept all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and AMEX). Because all of our goods are custom made to your exact specifications, payment must be made in advance. No C.O.D. orders will be accepted.

DELIVERY: Orders can be expected to ship within 4 to 8 weeks.
    Though we endeavor to deliver within this time, sometimes it may take a bit longer.
    Our goal is to make the world's finest leather goods, not the fastest. We thank you in advance for your patience.

QUALITY ASSURANCE: All of our products are statisfaction guaranteed. If you are not happy, neither are we.

RETURNS: If there is a problem and an item needs to be returned, please call before sending it back.
    We will make every effort to correct or replace the product expediently.
    Remember, we cannot take any responsibility if the item has been modified in any way.
    Due to the customized nature of our products, some returned items may be subject to a 20% "custom goods returned" charge.
    Please measure yourself correctly, using the formulas located on our Measurements page (click here to view our Measurements page) in order to prevent sizing mistakes.

I see my above post appears to be negative toward EPS. That was not my intention. When ordering art, expect to wait. Simple as that. EPS makes stuff that is difficult to find anywhere else.

They are still in business. I believe an order takes about six month. The owner started a new chicken wing business so that may be why no one is answering. The new owner is just not like his Pops.

Thanks for the replies, folks. I'm probably being *too* patient with a vendor that doesn't respond, but I broke down and tried email. Maybe he responds to those instead of voicemails!

I don't mind "waiting for art," but I don't believe my expectations are too high when I only ask for a returned call.

I hope they are still in business. They are very slow. VERY SLOW!!!! They are relatively expensive. They also produce an exceptional product that is well worth the wait. I own an IWB holster from EPS that is second to none. Whatever you get from them will be worth the wait and it will be worth the money paid. Great product.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I have not seen any of their Western gear, but I do have two gun belts, and a Street Combat holster. I consider the belts and holster I have second rate, and not comparable to a Sparks, for instance.
    The leather is thick and soft, and does not fit the gun as tight as well made holsters. The belts are not comparable in stiffness to a Beltman for instance.

I bought the EP stuff before I bought top quality gear, and did not know the difference.
    The user is the final arbiter so if they suit the owner that is fine, but I want to indicate that there are some, at least one, who does not think they are in the top tier.

I bought the items probably close to 10 years ago. Maybe they are better now, but I doubt it.
    I won't argue about the Western gear, but there are much better CC holsters and belts out there. I can only report my personal experience.

Regards,
    Jerry

For some things that are on the EPS menu, and available elsewhere with lesser wait, try Rob Leahy at Simply Rugged, and Bob Mernickle. Both are personable guys, and last I knew, had less of a backlog.

You can't fault a guy for opening a chicken wing business!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    I have not seen any of their Western gear, but I do have two gun belts, and a Street Combat holster. I consider the belts and holster I have second rate, and not comparable to a Sparks, for instance.The leather is thick and soft, and does not fit the gun as tight as well made holsters. The belts are not comparable in stiffness to a Beltman for instance.

I bought the EP stuff before I bought top quality gear, and did not know the difference.
    The user is the final arbiter so if they suit the owner that is fine, but I want to indicate that there are some, at least one, who does not think they are in the top tier.

I bought the items probably close to 10 years ago. Maybe they are better now, but I doubt it.
    I won't argue about the Western gear, but there are much better CC holsters and belts out there. I can only report my personal experience.

Regards,
    Jerry
    I agree with Mr. Jerry.

Biker

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    You can't fault a guy for opening a chicken wing business!
    Back in the late 80's I worked with a guy that just moved up here from Odessa. He was disgusted that we ate chicken wings. Said they were pig food. Now they're eatin them in El Paso? Any of you Texans have greek dogs yet?

I always like EPS Tortilla holster. Kind of a classic.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Naw their western leather is nice last time I saw a rig, about four years ago. They use the higher quality leather, herman oak I believe. Its not so easy to find good leather since the better American tannerys have passed and gone.

Someone told me that once about corn. That it was pig food. I think that is just a phrase close minded people use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links