Defensive Carry banner

Bad Experience

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Shanester66 
#1 ·
This is an email I wrote to Grandfather Oaks Holster company. I just wanted yall to know my experience with them, so yall do not have the same I did.

OK I have been EXTREMELY polite and patient with your company. I ordered a pocket holster for my Kel Tec P32 in April. I was told the wait time is 6-8 weeks. Well it is now August, and since then I have been told once that the holster is finished and is in the mail (this was wrong). I gave it a week called back and was told that the holster was in the finishing stages, and it would be in the mail later that week (this was 2 weeks ago). Since I cannot seem to get my holster I would like to cancel my order and get my money refunded to me in the full amount. My experience will be passed along to any other potential customers that may ask me about your services.

Jared Wine

What do yall think?

#2 ·
When they aren't honest with you, that's the time to bail. I went through that with another (supposedly) top-knotch maker, who did nothing but make excuses and lie for two years (!) after taking payment up front. Never again.

There are too many great holster makers out there who will talk straight and keep their promises. I'd rather deal with guys like Tucker, HBE, UBG, and Milt Sparks.

#10 ·
Yep.. Honesty is policy,... If a company lyes to you, it is time to bail..

I would call Rocky and get a good holster... :) Pure Kustoms
+1 ... my Black-Ops Pro is simply incredible and I had to wait all of 3 weeks including shipping. That was on a custom holster (we had a call one night where I gave the dimensions on the rail on my Fusion Tact-5), not on something he had pre-made lying around the shop.

My $0.02.

#12 ·
I don't like being lied to, either.

#13 ·
Bail out and this word of mouth stuff will hurt their business.

#15 ·
"I would call Rocky and get a good holster... :) Pure Kustoms"

Credit where credit is due. UBG makes mighty fine holsters also.
Just a quick FYI that he can't go wrong with any rig made by UBG or Pure Kustom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.