So many holsters.........

This is a discussion on So many holsters......... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi Guys and Gals I'd like to get a an idea on what IWB holster is considered to have the best concealment and also best ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So many holsters.........

Hi Guys and Gals

I'd like to get a an idea on what IWB holster is considered to have the best concealment and also best overall - comfort, concealment and quality.

This is for a full sized (5") Kimber 1911.

Thanks,
    Geo

VIP Member
    I like the style of IWB holster exemplified by Eric Larsen (HBE Leatherworks) COM, Brommeland's Max Con V, Sparks' Watch 6 and Versa Max II and other maker's holsters.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by srfl
    I like the style of IWB holster exemplified by Eric Larsen (HBE Leatherworks) COM, Brommeland's Max Con V, Sparks' Watch 6 and Versa Max II and other maker's holsters.
    +1 A look through this holster section you will find a lot of fans of these type of IWB holsters. I use a Max Con V for my full size 1911.
    It is awesome.
    NRA Life Member

"All That Later"

There is no such this as best over all what fits me probley wont work the best for you ..

Ive carried a 1911 in a
    desantis cozy partner a lot but would also recommend kdholsters Cochise Defender Iwb i carry a glock 20 in one right now

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    also recommend kdholsters Cochise Defender Iwb i carry a glock 20 in one right now
    same here.....thats my next order for my para.
    I also ordered a back pocket holster from Kevin.
    Theres an indepth conversation from Kevin on every thought on the subject of holsters, I was impressed with his knowledge and friendliness...
    Arthur
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

You may find an equal, but I doubt anything will beat a Max-Con V for comfort. Gary knows his stuff.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

I love my Milt Sparks VM II, but I bought it before I found this forum and Gary Brommeland.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I can't imagine a better holster than Gary's Max con V. I really don't think it exists. you should at very least call and talk to Gary, it doesn't cost anything, and he can give some very good general information. I do not want to speak for him..but I am sure if you bought his MC-V and you didn't like it, he would take it back. With his product, he is making a pretty safe bet.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

http://www.andrewsleather.com Sam Andrews, "McDaniel II" for a 1911 is tough to beat!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member
    Oh yeah...the McDaniel II is a really good holster; I own one for my Beretta 92/96's.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Same as the others, I prefer the offset loop designs for IWB holsters. I currently have a COM 3 on order with Eric (HBE Leatherworks) for my J-frame and a MaxCon V on order with Gary (Brommeland Gunleather) for my Mil-Spec. I've also had a Milt Sparks Watch Six in the past, also fine quality with similarly offset loops.

That particular design concept helps to disperse the pressure of the weapon over a larger area so it's less like pressing a 2x4 into your midsection (works sort of like a snowshoe). I simply CAN'T wear holsters that have the loops directly on top of the holster, much as I've tried. Hard to go wrong with any of the folks mentioned in this thread, start browsing their websites and when you see something you like just call or email them - they're all good folks.
    Jack

Milt Sparks IWB Summer special or 1Heritage.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Depends on what I'm wearing. IWB seems to hide the best IF you have pants with enough room in them. I've gained weight since the academy but my favorite IWB at the time was the Galco Royal Guard. South Beach might get me back there again, we'll see.

I carry a full size 1911 every single day in a Milt Sparks Watch Six on a beltman gun belt (www.beltman.net). It is very comfortable and a very nice holster. However, if I were to buy another one (unlikely because this one will probably last forever) - it would definitely be a Max Con V from brommeland gunleather. A friend of mine has one and I do not believe there is a better IWB holster out there.

I just ordered a Crossbreed Super Tuck, black leather on body side and Kydex that the gun slides into. It's the adjustable model with clips, an optional leather snap set, and mag pouch. All for just over $80.00, shipping included. Check them out at: www.crossbreedholsters.com.
    The power of the future is in its ability to inspire the present.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links