Fist Holster for the Kel-Tec P11

This is a discussion on Fist Holster for the Kel-Tec P11 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It arrived one day shy of 4 weeks!!! It's a Fist, #45 which has a mag holder in front of the gun. I got it ...

Thread: Fist Holster for the Kel-Tec P11

It arrived one day shy of 4 weeks!!!
    It's a Fist, #45 which has a mag holder in front of the gun. I got it w/ a closed bottom.
    It's a great looking holster! It wears well, retains well, & draws well. My only concern for now is that the checkered grip of the P11 is rubbing my side red.
    It came w/ the "body protector", but that only separates the slide from my side, not the grip.
    It's going to be my EDC holster for work or whatever. My work is physical... bending, squatting, stretching to one side or the other, so I'm looking for a solution.
    One option that comes to mind is to add a rubber grip like the one offered by HandAll, Jr. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    It arrived one day shy of 4 weeks!!!
    It's a Fist, #45 which has a mag holder in front of the gun. I got it w/ a closed bottom.
    It's a great looking holster! It wears well, retains well, & draws well. My only concern for now is that the checkered grip of the P11 is rubbing my side red.
    It came w/ the "body protector", but that only separates the slide from my side, not the grip.
    It's going to be my EDC holster for work or whatever. My work is physical... bending, squatting, stretching to one side or the other, so I'm looking for a solution.
    One option that comes to mind is to add a rubber grip like the one offered by HandAll, Jr. Any thoughts?
    -Delivery 4-6 weeks...as usual.
    -The body protector is usually only for the side...I've never seen one for the grip, too. But if you wear a "wife-beater" under the T-shirt it will solve that problem.

Stay armed...enjoy the Fist holster...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You might try different positions to try to find a sweet spot that doesn't rub as much
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thanks... I'll be stopping to pick up a few wife beaters tomorrow.
    Also, I'm seeing that part of the rubbing is coming from the two "body protectors"(one for the slide & one for the extra mag). They are new & stiff, & I even feel a little "lip" along the edge. I'll be working the very edge by hand to soften it a little. I may also use sand paper to remove the lip from the inside of the edge.

OK, problem solved.
    I did three things...
    1)... I put the very tip of the two "body protectors" in the vise (one at a time) & wagged the holster side to side, softening up the very tip. This could be done w/ pliers as well.
    I was careful not to work out the stiffness of the main length of the "body protector" so it would stand up in it's place as it was designed to do.
    This only softened the top edges were they made contact w/ my side.
    2)... also I used rough sand paper (by hand) to remove the rolled edge from the finishing process & further soften the edge.
    3)... and for the rough, checkered handle rubbing my side, I added a "Handall Jr" rubber grip cover.

It felt much better immediately, even w. the red places the rubbing had caused wearing it the last few days since I got it.
    Now I don't think I'll even need the wife beaters!!!

Sponsored Links