opinions on the Galco Concealable Holster OWB

This is a discussion on opinions on the Galco Concealable Holster OWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mine came in today as an early birthday present. I really wanted a rig with sharkskin trim like Eric at HBE makes, but funds were ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: opinions on the Galco Concealable Holster OWB

Mine came in today as an early birthday present. I really wanted a rig with sharkskin trim like Eric at HBE makes, but funds were limited. I got the holster, DMC double mag carrier and allegedly matching belt.

I say allegedly matching because the belt is lighter even though it's the same color from the same manufacturer. Oh well, it's decent for the price, and I like the open top. The lack of a body shield makes for an easier draw IMO.

2. Remove Ads

Every Galco I've tried (3) have turned to pure mush after a couple of years. They are a factory assembly line using what I consider to be poor quality leather.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Thumbs up Beautiful Rig!

I have worn a similar combo with the same Galco tapered belt, Concealable holster and ammo carriers for years. For me all components have held up wonderfully, especially the belt which I have worn to work all week every week and everywhere after work as well. The only reason I have to DX the belt is the fact that my June 29th Gastric Bypass has caused me to lose 55 pounds so far and I may not be able to keep punching in new holes.

Quote Originally Posted by PatP View Post
    Mine came in today as an early birthday present. I really wanted a rig with sharkskin trim like Eric at HBE makes, but funds were limited. I got the holster, DMC double mag carrier and allegedly matching belt.

I say allegedly matching because the belt is lighter even though it's the same color from the same manufacturer. Oh well, it's decent for the price, and I like the open top. The lack of a body shield makes for an easier draw IMO.

Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Have one of these and a combat master. Too much cant for me. There is a point of deminishing returns on holster cant and this one is juuuuuust right at the edge. Of course the easy way to tell cant in a pic is draw an imaginary line between the tops of the belt slots and turn your head until that line is horizontal. As you can see, a lot of cant to that holster.

That is my personal preference. My dad has a couple concealables and really likes them. To each their own.

I really l;ike them,and the cant,because I wear mine at 4:00 to4:30,I have one for all my guns,1911's,glock 27,Taurus pt 92fs,M&P 40 fs,I like Desantis speed scabert better because it has a screw for retenison,behind the trigger guard,and it seems to be stiffer leather,I use both,..the desantis also comes with 3 slots on some models for the belt ,for those that dont want much cant....check them out at there web site,you can buy them on ebay allday long,used or new at http://www.gun-holsters.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links