opinions on the Galco Concealable Holster OWB

This is a discussion on opinions on the Galco Concealable Holster OWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've tried IWB and smart carry.. now i want to see what OWB is all about During my search i came across this: Galco Concealable ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opinions on the Galco Concealable Holster OWB

opinions on the Galco Concealable Holster OWB

I've tried IWB and smart carry.. now i want to see what OWB is all about

During my search i came across this:
    Galco Concealable Holsters for Automatic Handguns FREE S&H CON158B, CON158H, CON202B, CON202H, CON212B, CON212H, CON218B, CON218H, CON224B, CON224H, CON226B, CON226H, CON228B, CON228H, CON248B, CON248H,

I like the forward cant as well as the fact that all of the molding is on the outside so the holster is flat against your body

What do you guys think? is it worth the $79 or is there something better out there for the money

2. Remove Ads

Carried a 1911 in one for a while. Galco is soft leather, so it won't hold its grip for more than a few years. I like the concealable because it's cut for a 1.5 inch belt, which I wear.

IMO, a better alternative is the Aker Flatsider. Think of the Galco Concealable with a tension screw, stiffer leather, and half the price. I have two of them. One for a G29/30 and one for a 1911. Had them a few years. Been through hell and a few scuffles.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

The Concealable is a very nice OWB rig for the money. I never personally thought the leather was soft. My friend has one for his Colt Gold Cup and it rides very high and tight. Dont think youwill go wrong with it. They also make a very nice model called the Royal Guard, I believe it is Horsehide. Same idea OWB though.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member
    It was the first holster that I bought for my 1911, because I needed one fast. It is comfortable as long as I wear a under shirt. They would be great if they made them with a body shield so that your pistol doesn't rub on your skin. If you can wait on a custom that's the way that I would go, they don't cost that much more and some cost less than a Galco.

I have two of the "Concealable" and LOVE them both! Perfect draw angle and a good sense of retention while still smooth and fast. When I opt for OWB that's my choice. However I also love my CROSSBREED SnapSlide for the P30 too. For those who own a P30 and can't find a "Concealable" know that the holster for the H&K P2000 fits the P30 fine.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    I have two of the "Concealable" and LOVE them both! Perfect draw angle and a good sense of retention while still smooth and fast. When I opt for OWB that's my choice. However I also love my CROSSBREED SnapSlide for the P30 too. For those who own a P30 and can't find a "Concealable" know that the holster for the H&K P2000 fits the P30 fine.
    Thanks for the info!
    the snap slide has caught my eye as well.. do they have a sweat guard to keep the safety from rubbing your skin?

I have a Galco Concealable for my Taurus 24/7 Pro. A bit too much cant for my liking. A decent holster but lacks the quality of a FIST product IMO. As for the $79.00 investment, I'd say there are better choices for that money. The afore mentioned FIST for one.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I like the Concealable. I've used it for three years now and it's held up just fine. I like the 20 degree cant as it make for a easier draw from the 4:00 position, a more natural movement. It's very comfortable, holds close to the body. Fits my P2000sk perfectly. I use it on a Galco COPS belt.

Wink Sweat guard on OWB?

Quote Originally Posted by stuckInNy View Post
    Thanks for the info!
    the snap slide has caught my eye as well.. do they have a sweat guard to keep the safety from rubbing your skin?
    No but since this is OWB you'll likely be wearing a shirt anyway with a cover garment, so it shouldn't be next to your skin, right? Only with an IWB is that really an issue I would think. I wear my CROSSBREED Super-Tuck Deluxe IWB with a cover garment that drapes nice and square without requiring a tuck. Like a Guyabera Shirt if you know latin American fashion. It's almost the uniform here in Miami. I'm sure Miggy can post a picture.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

That's a very nice holster and I'm sure it would serve you well, but find one with a body shield. You'll be glad you did.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

I have several Galco Concealables. I like them, they are a little more supple than some of my other holsters, but not too soft. The Royal Guard is an IWB holster. I like the forward cant and the open top, that's how I carry everything.

the Galco Concealable is EXCELLENT...i carry my P229 daily in this holster.....very affordable too......

Quote Originally Posted by bruce21b View Post
    the Galco Concealable is EXCELLENT...i carry my P229 daily in this holster.....very affordable too......

Sweet, thanks for the pic. That's the exact setup I'm looking to get with the wilderness instructors belt.

Question about the belt:
    what is the adjustable range on the instructors belt? I'm one of those guys who goes up and down in weight and would want a belt that can accommodate that.

i have a nice beltman but I'm too fat to wear it right now . I'm thinking about selling it and getting a wilderness belt.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckInNy View Post
    Sweet, thanks for the pic. That's the exact setup I'm looking to get with the wilderness instructors belt.

Question about the belt:
    what is the adjustable range on the instructors belt? I'm one of those guys who goes up and down in weight and would want a belt that can accommodate that.

i have a nice beltman but I'm too fat to wear it right now . I'm thinking about selling it and getting a wilderness belt.
    HI, thanks.....

the wilderness belt is PERFECT if your waist size goes up and down...because the belt adjusts on its entire length, not just on the next "hole" like leather belts.....

to get the right size belt, take a cloth measuring tape and measure around your entire waist, dont use your pants size......for instance, i wear a size 38 pants but my true waist size is 40, and that is the size belt i got....

and be sure and get the 5-stitch model, it has the support you need for the gun and holster.....i was all set to get a leather belt until i went into the gun shop and tried one of these...you wont be disappointed in the belt....and the Galco holster fits is perfectly

I carried a M&P9 in a Galco Concealable for about a year and it got the job done.
    Held close to the body, took a couple tumbles and the retention held the S&W in place.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links