Black Hills Leather ?

This is a discussion on Black Hills Leather ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone had any dealings with this company? If so, how is the quality of the holsters?...

Thread: Black Hills Leather ?

VIP Member

Question Black Hills Leather ?

Has anyone had any dealings with this company? If so, how is the quality of the holsters?

2. Remove Ads

I have a shoulder holster by BHL. Good quality and very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Has anyone had any dealings with this company? If so, how is the quality of the holsters?
    I can't tell you how good or bad they might be yet. I'm waiting for a holster and mag pouch in brown alligator for my Sig 239. I ordered the set June 17, and Rudy told me to expect it in about 3-4 weeks. It's now been about 7 weeks but I spoke to him last Friday and he promised completion by this weekend. I'll let you know the quality when I get it. They,ve been very nice and cooperative so far, and I can understand some delay but I guess we'll see if I get it as promised.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I've ordered several holsters from BHL. IMO they are exceptional. The fit is perfect, nice high quality leather and Rudy was the only maker that could make a holster for my 4" S&W 500.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardet65 View Post
    I can't tell you how good or bad they might be yet. I'm waiting for a holster and mag pouch in brown alligator for my Sig 239. I ordered the set June 17, and Rudy told me to expect it in about 3-4 weeks. It's now been about 7 weeks but I spoke to him last Friday and he promised completion by this weekend. I'll let you know the quality when I get it. They,ve been very nice and cooperative so far, and I can understand some delay but I guess we'll see if I get it as promised.
    Thanks, I look forward to hearing your respnse to your new gear!

I had Rudy make a holster for my brothers P7 last year for a Xmas present and and it turned out great!

Rudy at Black Hills Leather has made me several awesome holsters. Very professional and went beyond the call of duty to make me happy.

Well I contacted Rudy at Black Hills Leather because yet again a promised delivery date has come and gone. I got his standard answer, "We got backlogged in orders, I promise your order will be done the end of this coming week". We'll see if this promised delivery date is kept. 3- to 4 weeks has turned into about 9 weeks and counting.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

I have several BHL holsters. Fit and finish is excellent. I purchased a few less expensive models from another manufacturer while I waited. This made the wait not quite so bad.

Once received, about 9 weeks, I was quite impressed. For the money, and excellent choice of leathergoods. I have not purchased from other leather companies so I can't speak to their quality, but I can tell you that you can't go wrong with Black Hills Leather.
    Sometimes you find your destiny on the road you chose to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffd View Post
    I have several BHL holsters. Fit and finish is excellent. I purchased a few less expensive models from another manufacturer while I waited. This made the wait not quite so bad.

Once received, about 9 weeks, I was quite impressed. For the money, and excellent choice of leathergoods. I have not purchased from other leather companies so I can't speak to their quality, but I can tell you that you can't go wrong with Black Hills Leather.
    Well your post has made me feel better. From what I've seen of their holsters, etc on their website they look top quality. I gave a lot of thought about where to place my order and believed I'd made the right choice. I'm a pretty reasonable guy, if I'd been told about the delay up front I'd have understood. I just hate watching a promised date come and go time after time.

Well after three times the promised wait time, I received my Alligator paddle holster and mag pouch from Black Hills Leather. I had to prod Rudy via email for the past two weeks and once he mailed it, he sent it UPS ground which lengthened the delay time an additional week, but in the end it was worth it. What a great job. Workmanship is top quality. The entire holster and pouch are alligator, not just applied panels or pieces and the gun and mag fits to perfection. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. Wait time will be longer than promised, but what a finished product. See update "where's my holster" for picture.

So wheres the pics?

Here's a better picture although it still dosen't do justice to the workmanship and quality of the holster & pouch
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mardet65; September 4th, 2009 at 09:56 AM.

Links