New to the market holstermaker that I've "found"

This is a discussion on New to the market holstermaker that I've "found" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Love my latest holster from c5leather! Wanted to clue people in..... A review of a new holster maker – Jim Clay at Home Page . ...

Thread: New to the market holstermaker that I've "found"

Love my latest holster from c5leather! Wanted to clue people in.....

A review of a new holster maker – Jim Clay at Home Page .
    I’ve known Jim Clay for years. His kids come to my house and my kids go to his house. We’ve played paintball together, camped together been friends for 7 or 8 years now. We’re both on the Security Team at our Church, and we’re both Vet’s. Jim has worked with leather as a hobby for years making custom book covers, pouches, purses and other items of interest to various people. I was talking to him about how the leather holster industry as a whole seems to be getting more business than they can handle with lead times stretching from weeks into months. Jim is interested in handguns and leather anyway, so why not combine his two hobbies? He took the bait and started researching holsters. His first attempts as holsters were much like any of our first attempts at something are – a learning experience. Jim sought advice from me and others on what was wanted in a holster, looked at current designs that were available and kept working. He studied and worked on many holsters and started doing a few gun shows, selling holsters. All the time absorbing comments of what people liked and what they would change if they could. Well, long story short, he has not only arrived at a point at which I am totally comfortable recommending his products to others, he has surpassed it. The holsters he is putting out now are of a great quality, both in material used, and workmanship. He has taken his craft to a level that rivals the custom holster makers that we’re all familiar with, and more than holds his own.
    I have a few holsters that he has done for me, but the latest one represents the breakthrough to this new level. It is much like my VMII in design with a few subtle changes that Jim has come up with in his continual review of his product and drive for perfection. His detailing and attention to the small things that matter so much in a quality product is wonderful. His prices are generously low, and his turn around times lightning quick for a high quality holster at 1 ½ to 2 weeks! Wow. I’m sure once word gets out, that time will extend out. It can’t help but do so.
    I’m glad to have Jim as a friend, and will be one of those who is able to say “I knew Jim when……” and then talk about the time he was just starting out.
    If you want a high quality holster at a great price, stop by his website ( c5leather.com ) and look around. I think you’ll be impressed with the range of what he has to offer. If you order one, I think you’ll be even more impressed. This is good stuff guys. If it weren’t, I wouldn’t be putting my name out there as saying it was.
    Sarge
    Sarge's Grips - grips that fit
    www.thefinergrain.com

The holsters and all the other goodies look great! They are also priced right. Now if he just gets them for the XDm!

VIP Member
    Nice looking stuff. Thanks for the heads-up Sarge!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I have spoke with Jim via email seems like a great guy. I am going to have one of his IWB's made for my Glock 30 and one for a 1911 right away. Jim also said he could make OWB'S but they were not shown on his website yet.

Jim IS a good guy as you who talk to him will find out. If he wasn't, I wouldn't put my name out to recommend him. He's trying to expand his line as quick as he can while making sure the quality is high and not compromised. Glad you guys checked out his site. You won't be disapointed.
    Sarge
    www.thefinergrain.com

Pics of my CBOB and my C5 holster.
    Sarge

www.thefinergrain.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge43 View Post
    Pics of my CBOB and my C5 holster.
    Sarge

Hi Sarge,Ive bought 5 sets of your 1911 grips for my guns and you are the man.You make the best ones out there...just wanted to say hi,I havent bought any guns in awhile,so I havent been to your site in awhile...:)Take care buddy,and keep up the good work, here my Buckeye Burl ones I bought from you....prolly my favorite ones,for my dual tone PT1911 Taurus.....Thanks again..

please excuse the holster its in,that was a mistake,on the color of the leather....,its different...lol...Take care...

ctm
    Hey, Sarge...Thanks for the tip!
    I've been searching everywhere for a good leather holster that I wouldn't have to wait months, or years in some cases, for.

I talked to Jim on the phone this morning, as you said, a great guy.

He is going to do a custom job on a Montana XLT for me. He was very positive about being able to do everything I asked. He is also going to make a belt for me, even though his website says "coming soon", he said he will have the leather next week.

I'm very excited, and can hardly wait to get my leather.

Just by talking to Jim I am sure I will be pleased with the quality.
    I'll be back with pics as soon as I get the goods!

Chet

Wow!

Links