Check this out!! My new Black Ops Pro!!

This is a discussion on Check this out!! My new Black Ops Pro!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been carrying pistols since I was 21 years old, almost seven years. Carrying for this long I have been around many different holsters. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have been carrying pistols since I was 21 years old, almost seven years. Carrying for this long I have been around many different holsters. I have owned a Crossbreed, Galco, Uncle Mikes, DeSaints, and I don’t know what else. I have gone through many different holsters looking for the right one. UBG came really close but it doesn’t hold a candle to Pure Kustoms!
    I woke up one morning concerned that I needed a new holster for my Springfield XDm40 for winter carry. I carry OWB during the winter months for easy access. I usually carry in the cheap kydex paddle holster that came with the gun for OWB. So I started looking and I soon found one that stood out better than all the rest, Pure Kustoms Holsters. After reading some reviews and checking out their pictures of the holsters they have made, I made up my mind. I sent Rocky at Pure Kustoms more than a fair share of emails asking questions (finding out later that they are all answered on his website!) It is not in my usual behavior to just jump in both feet and purchase something out of haste. I have to ask questions and really get to know what it is exactly I am buying. Emails soon turned into phone calls and with-in a week I ordered a Black Ops Pro with a custom Eagle, Globe, and Anchor tooled into it.
    In the process of ordering it, I made it very clear that I didn’t need the holster right away, it was a holster that I was going to be using for the winter and here it is only July. Rocky really appreciated It, I am sure. However busy he might have been he still found time in his day to call me up just to talk about different things and to update me on the holster. Something that was unexpected yet appreciated. About a month later Rocky called and asked if I wanted the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor painted, said it would look much better with the gold and silver (I originally ordered just black due to price.) Rocky informed me that he would paint it free of charge for being so patient with him. So I got it painted.
    A week later my holster arrived in the mail, so excited I ripped it out of the box like a kid on Christmas morning. The first thing I noticed was the attention to detail on the tooling. As I held the holster looking at it, my fingers were telling me a different story. The leather was hard and of high quality. The stitching was precise and again, attention to detail. The loops (also with stitching, something I have yet to see), screws, and slots were perfect. Even the slots for the belt worn OWB had stitching around them, something else I have yet to see! All in all, the holster was very well made; however, being my first fully adjustable holster, I had some questions. Good thing that Rocky is the best customer support agent I have ever had the privilege of talking to.
    I called up Rocky and told him that I had received the holster (he called the day before asking if it has arrived yet) and that I had a few questions about it. We talked about them and I was totally in love with my new toy. My wife actually left the house because I was talking about it, adjusting it, playing with it, talking about it some more. I was truly like a kid at Christmas morning that just got his favorite toy. I decided to make this the ONLY holster I wear, IWB or OWB.
    Adjusting it took some time, again, this is my first fully adjustable holster and I am not used to it. The holster was also very tight with my gun. It was Rocky’s first XDm and he had had some issues with the model gun. So the holster felt very different, bulky, tight, and cumbersome the first day. The second day I finally found the right position for me, things started feeling better and by the third day of owning this holster, I forgot all about it!
    Today is the fourth day of having this holster on my hip. It’s still fairly tight but getting looser with practice draws. But not too lose. I had my wife come up behind me and try to pull my gun out and she was unable to do so. I have no problems now. This holster is worth every single cent spent. It is by far the most comfortable, sturdy, best looking holster I have ever owned. It is ridged and holds its shape better than any holster I have ever seen on the market. The gun actually “clicks” into position when I holster it! I have never heard of this on a leather holster. I thought it might be all hype, but it actually does!! This shows the quality and craftsmanship on these holsters. I can sit here all day praising this wonderful piece of leather and thread but I think you all get the idea.
    I work at a range as an instructor and have had people come up to me asking about my holster (we have to have them uncovered so people see we are armed, yeah.). They love it and wanted to know more about it, and how to get one. Rocky sent me some business cards with the holster. I just told him to send me some more!
    I have gained so much from this experience. An awesome new holster customized just for me, a line of holsters that (in time) I will have for every single gun I own, but more importantly, a friend. Thank you Rocky!

Nic
    Avenger
    Attached Images

I dig that Eagle Globe and Anchor on there, he did a good job with painting it, and he is certainly a stand-up guy for putting the time into that without bumping up the price.

Enjoy your new holster, next time I need a new one I may give Pure Kustom a call.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Very nice! Congrats!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    Nice rig!

That looks cool!

What belt are you going to use?

Very nice holster, really like it. But being a ex-marine myself can't help but like the tooling on it.

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    congrats nice rig
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Oh ya,.. I love mine, so I know what your saying.. Worth every penny for sure..

I think it is funny when your talking holsters with people and they have there $60.00 something and they tell you that they are all the same,.. Ok.. Been there,.. Quality holsters are WAY BETTER....

Very nice!!!!!

Sweet, But I'd have put jump wings on it!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Beautiful and Semper Fi

Very nice and Semper Fi.

What Dal1Celt said!
    Maj. USA (Ret.)

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Sweet, But I'd have put jump wings on it!
    Beautiful holster. Hope it serves you well and really love the MC touch. Really makes it a true custom!
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

VIP Member
    Dang! That's very nice! I love the EGA!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links