Update on CrossBreed super tuck holster - Page 4

Update on CrossBreed super tuck holster

This is a discussion on Update on CrossBreed super tuck holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by automatic slim Bought one for my Kahr K9. Wore it inside for a couple of hours and just didn't like the feel. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Update on CrossBreed super tuck holster

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Bought one for my Kahr K9. Wore it inside for a couple of hours and just didn't like the feel. Maybe I'm too much of a leather person???
    So many variables for each person. I love mine!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    The maker of Crossbreed Holsters is a good Christian - not sure whether he is a pastor. I too am a Roman Catholic and love to wear the cross in any fashion, but especially on my "sword sheeth." And I also like to support Christian businesses.
    I like my Supertuck very much but wish the crosses weren't on the clips. While I support the right to believe in what you want just like I support the right to bear arms, I don't particularly enjoy anything that infers an association to God's fan club on my person. Plus, they are a dead giveaway to anyone that studies concealment. It takes you from "He might be carrying" to "Yep, he has a Crossbreed holster on." For me it makes the jump from artistic license to functional hazard. I have considered making replacement clips. Plain SnapLok clips would have been a nice option just like the combat cut option. That being said, I still wear one since it is a very comfortable IWB holster for me and my Glock 27.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomortis View Post
    I like my Supertuck very much but wish the crosses weren't on the clips. While I support the right to believe in what you want just like I support the right to bear arms, I don't particularly enjoy anything that infers an association to God's fan club on my person. Plus, they are a dead giveaway to anyone that studies concealment. It takes you from "He might be carrying" to "Yep, he has a Crossbreed holster on." For me it makes the jump from artistic license to functional hazard. I have considered making replacement clips. Plain SnapLok clips would have been a nice option just like the combat cut option. That being said, I still wear one since it is a very comfortable IWB holster for me and my Glock 27.
    I just look at it like a good excuse - "That cross clip? That's just a cross I like to wear on my belt!" Turns it into an article of religion at that point.

I'd be surprised if your average joe did his homework on Crossbreed Holsters. It's possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I just look at it like a good excuse - "That cross clip? That's just a cross I like to wear on my belt!" Turns it into an article of religion at that point.

I'd be surprised if your average joe did his homework on Crossbreed Holsters. It's possible...
    Agreed, the average joe isn't going to notice, and its not like they are studded in diamonds or anything to stand out. It's just a piece of detail work that is strictly ornamental and considering the outright "function over form" nature of the Supertuck, they could be done away with.

I have had one customer at my store brazenly ask me if I was carrying when he saw the clips. He was sitting down and I was standing close to him so he was looking dead on at them. I had already rehearsed a "Huh? Oh no, that's my insulin pump for controlling my diabetes" response but he remained skeptical. I think it would have been more effective had there been no markings but this guy was pretty into it. He kept talking on and on about his collection. Obviously it was a unique occurrence but to have it happen in the first week of carrying bothered me.

I know it's late in the thread, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vtxdpm View Post
    Unfortunately for me, the Supertuck just didn't work out. I tried it in every position from 12:00 to 5:00 and tried all the different clip-holes to position the gun differently. A few times when the positioning felt good, it never failed that one of the holster clips would need to be where a belt loop was in the way.
    This is easily remedied by any tailor or seamstress in about five minutes. Belt loops can be moved without any problem. Their location(s) are not cast in stone.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links