SmartCarry - I LIKE it!

SmartCarry - I LIKE it!

This is a discussion on SmartCarry - I LIKE it! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Had permit for a couple of weeks. Received SmartCarry last week. Stuck the G23 and clip in on Saturday morning, and carrying ever since (except ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SmartCarry - I LIKE it!

Thumbs up SmartCarry - I LIKE it!

Had permit for a couple of weeks. Received SmartCarry last week. Stuck the G23 and clip in on Saturday morning, and carrying ever since (except where legally and/or policy prohibited....company has a "no firearms" policy, for now). Wear at 11 o'clock position. As others have stated, extremely comfortable. Practice draw (unloaded, of course) at about 2 to 2.5 seconds to COM (I think I can improve this a little, with practice). Did the WWW (WW actually had three boxes of .40, now they only have one......I didn't want to be stingy), included Alco, Dollar General, a couple of convenience stores in my weekend treks.

I still plan to add a few IWB/OWB holsters to my collection. I am probably going to get both the Crossbreed and the Pure Kustom, just because.

Funny thing. I don't feel more "confident", more "macho", ....whatever. I DO feel a HUGE increase in my sense of Responsibility, and my SA continues to grow exponentially, daily. I am glad, and sad (because it's even necessary), to finally, REALLY join the sheepdog ranks.

All you folks (as retsupt99 says) Stay Safe!
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannolis."
    NRA Member
    SIG SAUER P220 Elite Stainless & P238
    Glock 23
    S&W 431PD

VIP Member
    Nice job with the smartcarry. You'll like the IWB, too.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Yer gonna love it more with each passing day, Kansas... it is great "around the house"... pull it outside the pants, spin it around to 3 o'clock, and carrying a full-size pistol like my Sig 220 is extremely comfortable...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

You will love the way the smartcarry feels once you become used to it. I've had mine for almost two months & love mine. I wear my smartcarry 5 or 6 days a week. It is one of the most concealable holsters I own.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Even 18 holes of golf is comfortable.

Played 18 holes, yesterday (cart golf), with SmartCarry "loaded", and no issues at all. Plan to play another 18, "loaded", this afternoon.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannolis."
    NRA Member
    SIG SAUER P220 Elite Stainless & P238
    Glock 23
    S&W 431PD

Are you a lefty or do you crossdraw? Any pics?

kansastom

Congratulations on two points!! First, that you had the good sense to see a good thing and act on it. So many herein have commented that because of the placement of the SC they would just never consider it. Second, that you say that you feel the sense of responsibility that goes along with carrying concealed.

Good job on both accounts.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

G23

What size Smartcarry do you use? I have a G23 as well, and would like to know how yours fits.

For what it's worth, I'm very happy with my Galco Summer Comfort (leather) IWB and Blackhawk Serpa II (Kydex) OWB.

The Glock 23 will fit well in a medium Smartcarry. I have one that holds my P245, and HK P2000sk. It worked well also for my HK P2000, about the same size as the G23, I bought for the P2000. Just tell Charlie what you want to carry, he'll send you what you need. I have an extra wide Smartcarry for my S&W 386 and S&W 329, the L and N frames are a bit wide for a medium sized Smartcarry. Once you try it, you will never go back to whatever method you were using. I've carried for almost 25 years, and I think that it is simply the best system yet. The best.

Do you guys carry your glocks with a round in the chamber in the SC? From the looks of it, I'd think that would not be a good idea. (But I've never had one in my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post
    Do you guys carry your glocks with a round in the chamber in the SC? From the looks of it, I'd think that would not be a good idea. (But I've never had one in my hands.
    If I have any reason to believe that my holster will interfere with the trigger while the gun is in the holster, I won't use it.

Precious time is lost chambering a round. If I have to draw, it's because I need my gun to fire NOW, so I don't want to have to bother with racking the slide. There are plenty of other options out there if one holster doesn't work the way you want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post
    Absolutely! The trigger is completely covered by the holster. It is totally safe. This is my G26 with a spare mag.

The holster itself is quite sturdy. You can't pull the trigger once the gun is in the holster.

Question Everything!

Hey! A lefthanded Smartcarry.

How are these things when you sit down? Are they still comfy? Driving and getting in and out of the car? I have been looking for an all around rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicker96fs View Post
    How are these things when you sit down? Are they still comfy? Driving and getting in and out of the car? I have been looking for an all around rig.
    No problem. My Sig P245 has a beaver tail, and the hammer sticks out, I can feel that with some almost-discomfort when I carry it. It is still manageable. For the Smith 386, 357 mag, I carry it all the time. I have it on now. On a revolver, the hammer sits further away from the back of the handle. It goes completely un-noticed by me. The same goes for my HK P2000sk when I carry it. With a bobbed LEM hammer, no spur on it, it is not noticeable. I also tried it with my Kimber Ultra Carry, again, the beaver tail likes to poke when sitting/driving.

I've carried enough Glocks to know that the same would apply, no potruding beaver tail or hammer, and no notice of it being carried.

When wearing it at 11:00, you can take a leak without unbuttoning you pants, just lower the zipper and shove it to the side a little.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links