Woo-Hoo! Holster #2 just arrived!

This is a discussion on Woo-Hoo! Holster #2 just arrived! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My new holster just came in. Took all of three days (lol). I didn't like the first pocket holster I tried for my LCP... too ...

My new holster just came in. Took all of three days (lol).
    I didn't like the first pocket holster I tried for my LCP... too bulky, didn't like the way the gun drew out of the holster, you could print the grip. This Recluse holster is sweet! I can't wait to put on some jeans and try it out. Right now I have cargo style shorts on and you can see what it looks like in the last pic trying to print it, with my knee forward. And it draws so easily... once your fingers slide onto the grip, not even around the grip, it's free from the holster.
    Just thought I'd post some pics before I mowed the lawn.... hey wait... maybe I'll wear it while mowing
    Attached Images

I like that pocket holster. Nice.

Nice!!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Sorry, not for me. While I see the benefit of having something that print resistant, they've covered the grip, inhibiting your ability to obtain a proper firing grip on initial contact w/ the pistol (IMO, should be attainable when you first contact the pistol, regardless of the method of carry). On top of that (worse even?) they've left the trigger exposed. With a DAO pistol, I'd MUCH prefer a completely covered trigger guard.

Glad it works for you, but one of these won't be entering my collection anytime soon.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I'm not that experienced with pocket holsters, T-Bone, but with the other pocket holster I had, you had to get a full grip to break the gun free from the holster and then concentrate on helping the holster grab onto your pocket while extracting the gun... the problem with this, as I mentioned in another thread, it's like the monkey trying to get his hand out of the box while holding the banana. Maybe it's my build, the size of my hands and the pockets in my pants, but I can't grip anything in my pocket and get my hand back out. This holster breaks free from the gun so easily that my hand naturally closes around the grip as I'm drawing. The holster is just left behind without a thought. You probably have to be there (try it yourself) to see what I mean.

And here's another pic. You can't see it from the other pics, but the trigger rests in a block, fully protected. Pretty slick setup I think.
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Thanks for the additional pic. I didn't notice the trigger block, that's an interesting concept. While not my first choice, at least they've addressed the issue.

If you're getting a proper grip when you reach in an grasp the pistol, that's all anyone can ask on that. Pocket holsters need to stay in when you draw, or they're worthless for defense. Lots of different methods to attain this, from rough surface to hooks to loose fit to thumb pushes. What's important is that it work. Sounds like this one works for you.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Interesting concept. Looks like it should work pretty well. I like simple & unique solutions. I just hope the trigger block fit is consistent with all LCP's or whatever gun they are designing them.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

How's the retention? Does that trigger block also act as a snap-in mechanism all the way around the trigger guard?

Very nice!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by ccwguy View Post
    How's the retention? Does that trigger block also act as a snap-in mechanism all the way around the trigger guard?
    The retention is very good. I've taken holster with gun out a few times and they both stay intact and act as one unit. Like one big wallet. The block is molded to fit the trigger and around inside the trigger guard, which is why it doesn't interfere with the CT sight. It's brand new, but you have to press the gun into place. There's no reholstering without taking the holster out of your pocket, which I don't see as a problem. It's not like you couldn't slip the gun back into your pocket if you had to.
    It appears to be pretty adaptable to different magazines/finger extensions and with or without a CT. And even front or rear pocket, but they do make a specific rear pocket model.

Oh, and thanks to all who said it was nice. I'm liking it so far. It beats the other one I tried hands down for lack of print and ease of drawing.

Links