Milt Sparks PMK holster?

Milt Sparks PMK holster?

This is a discussion on Milt Sparks PMK holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if anyone here has a milt sparks PMK OWB holster for a S&W J-frame? If so how well does this holster conceal ...

Thread: Milt Sparks PMK holster?

Milt Sparks PMK holster?

I was wondering if anyone here has a milt sparks PMK OWB holster for a S&W J-frame? If so how well does this holster conceal this gun? I'm going to order one for my S&W 340 M&P and plan on wearing it under a T-shirt or polo type shirt. Is this a bulky holster or is it a thin holster? If you own a Sparks PMK could you post a pic of how it,so I can see how it carries and holds the gun against the body? Thnaks for any help on this guys.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

Got 2 on order (642 and 60 Pro). I like everything else I've gotten from them and expect excellence here too. I too would like to see one in action.
    Ain't no fun when the rabbit has a gun!

Administrator
    The Sparks PMK quite possibly the best OWB holster ever built for the S&W J-Frame. I can't envision anybody being able to build one any better.
    It's an absolutely flawless carry rig and "holster and gun" just disappear under a T-Shirt.

Sorry that I can't take any PICS right now because my camera battery is totally dead. It now refuses take a charge at all.
    I just bought another battery on Ebay this evening so whenever that battery arrives I'll pop some PICS if nobody else has posted any by then.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    I was wondering if anyone here has a milt sparks PMK OWB holster for a S&W J-frame? If so how well does this holster conceal this gun? I'm going to order one for my S&W 340 M&P and plan on wearing it under a T-shirt or polo type shirt. Is this a bulky holster or is it a thin holster? If you own a Sparks PMK could you post a pic of how it,so I can see how it carries and holds the gun against the body? Thnaks for any help on this guys.

Ill be interested to see these myself as I too just bought an M&P 340.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Will that model fit the new Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by eldorado View Post
    Will that model fit the new Ruger LCR?
    They are made to the gun.... so yes.

I have a PMK for a Det Spl on order.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    This type of holster, with one loop on an extended outboard "wing" and one tunnel loop behind the weapon, is NOT as concealable as a true "pancake" derivative with both loops outboard of the pouch portion of the holster, all else being equal. That being said, I have used PMKs to conceal SP101 snubbies and a 4" Speed Six. I prefer the PMK to ANY concealment rig I have ever tried with revolvers, period. With Sparks, all else is NOT equal, of course, except, naturally, another Sparks holster.

I should note that my Bulman FDS, my preferred holster for toting a SIG P229, is very similar in concept and construction to the Sparks PMK: one tunnel loop, one outboard loop, and the front "dropped" a bit, rather than the rear tilted up. Not that I am trying to steer anyone away from PMK; just noting that they are both good rigs.

I have never used the PMK, but in general nothing holds the gun quite as close as a pancake.
    I seem to remember that TwinCarry (where is he these days) made a post that for the J frame he liked the Fist #12 slightly modified better than the PMK. I mention him because he had tons of quality holsters. Maybe Torrejon224 will make a comment on this. He also has tons of quality leather.

I have two Fist #12s for J frames and can't think of how one could be better. Price is very reasonable, quality is excellent, and lead time was about 6 weeks the last time I ordered. However, the PMK is always highly spoken of by those who own them.

I would recommend taking a look at the Fist. None is better than Sparks, and I am sure one would be happy with his PMK

Regards,
    Jerry

Administrator
    The PMK pulls the firearm in very close and the J-Frame butt in perfectly.
    Of course I always use a good gun belt.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member
    The only thing that I don't like about it, is that it doesn't have a sweat shield and the main time I carry my J frame is in the hot months, so 2 shirts is out the question.

NC Buckeye
    Thanks, The first of the month is coming I believe that's when Tony & crew take orders.
    Best,
    -T

Sponsored Links