New Desantis Tuck This

This is a discussion on New Desantis Tuck This within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So this is my new favorite summer time carry. I still love my Crossbreed Supertuck but this is just as comfortable. I carry this appendix ...

Thread: New Desantis Tuck This

New Desantis Tuck This

So this is my new favorite summer time carry. I still love my Crossbreed Supertuck but this is just as comfortable. I carry this appendix carry and like the option to carry another mag in it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

I have this holster for my Kahr PM40 and love it. Wish they made it for my other carry gun...

OMO here, but that holster seems to ride quite low... Too low to get an instantaneous firing grip on the pistol without some digging in the pants, shifting and repositioning of the gun in the hand...

I understand that appendix carry kind of needs a lower-ride height to avoid poking your stomach w/ the slide rear and grip heel, but I think that I personally would have a tough time drawing quickly and consistently from such a design...

As long as it works for you, though - That's all that matters...

Regards,

Bones
    Last edited by JoeyBones; August 24th, 2009 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

Thanks! I liked that one so much, I went ahead & ordered<G>.

RMS
    Great looking setup.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    OMO here, but that holster seems to ride quite low... Too low to get an instantaneous firing grip on the pistol without some digging in the pants, shifting and repositioning of the gun in the hand...

I understand that appendix carry kind of needs a lower-ride height to avoid poking your stomach w/ the slide rear and grip heel, but I think that I personally would have a tough time drawing quickly and consistently from such a design...

As long as it works for you, though - That's all that matters...

Regards,

Bones
    I'm 6'3" 170 lbs so I don'y have Dunlaps Syndrome. I don't have any trouble getting a good combat grip before drawing it. The only complaint I have is the clip is REALLY tight and is the kind that loops over the pants and then under the belt. I prefer a good ole regular clip like you get on a Don Hume holster.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Nice holster. How's the build quality, retention, etc.?

Distinguished Member Array PAcanis's Avatar
    That's a nice looking rig. Thanks for posting.

ETA: It doesn't seem to have many that like it though. I just did a quick Google. Does it rock back and forth on you? That seems to be an issue with the single clip.

Lead Moderator
    I have one that fits a Taurus PT series gun. I find it doesn't work well for me. IMO , if they would re-enforce the clip to holster area it would be a better holster.(After viewing the pic above it looks as if they did this on later models. )
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

The holster is very stable for me. There isn't much retention to it at all. The tightness of your belt provides all the tension so as you draw you just suck in your gut at the same time and it comes right out.

The craftsmanship is what you would expect from a $30 nylon holster but I didn't but it to win any beauty pageants and only plan to use it to get me through the summer months and then back to the Supertuck.

I wish I could find something similar in leather. Anyone have any ideas?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post
    I'm 6'3" 170 lbs so I don'y have Dunlaps Syndrome. I don't have any trouble getting a good combat grip before drawing it. The only complaint I have is the clip is REALLY tight and is the kind that loops over the pants and then under the belt. I prefer a good ole regular clip like you get on a Don Hume holster.
    Yeah, I'm 6'2" and 170 lbs., so we are built somewhat similarly... I have personally just never had much success w/ low-riding holsters, where the frontstrap of the grip is near level w/ the belt or pants. In my experience, such a design conceals very well, but just inhibits my ability to get a quick firing grip...

But like I said, so long as it works for you, then it was indeed money well-spent...

My buddy had a similar holster (without the adjustable cant though) for his S&W 3913 a few years back... I think he liked his well enough also...

Regards,

Bones
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

I tried one for a full sized XD40 and hated it. It wouldn't stay put, and had a problem tilting. Also, the spare magazine on the same side as the gun hand after the draw never quite worked out. I ordered an MTAC and never looked back.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

I got one of these back when I first bought my Bersa Thunder to try out a tuckable IWB, and I was not pleased. I had problems with the single clip not staying in place on my belt as well as swiveling where it connects to the holster; even with my belt uncomfortably tight, the holster wouldn't stay in place. My pistol ended up in the toilet once because of this (thankfully after I flushed!), and I went to ankle carry until I got my Tucker holster.

Links