Dual magazine IWB carrier?

This is a discussion on Dual magazine IWB carrier? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know of the Bianchi 10 Professional mag carrier. Is there a dual mag IWB carrier out there?...

Thread: Dual magazine IWB carrier?

I know of the Bianchi 10 Professional mag carrier. Is there a dual mag IWB carrier out there?
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

KDholsters Mag carrier will work IWB or OWB with the clip it have on it

If you check with Gary Brommeland he will do a good job of convincing you that IWB mag carriers are NOT the way to go. Barely more concealment than an IWB and an OWB is MUCHO more comfortable. www.brommelandgunleather.com
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

VIP Member
    I have a very unused (actually used once) Ted Blocker IWB magazine pouch for double-stack mags that came with my LFI rig.....I used it once and discovered how uncomfortable it was to carry that behind my left hip in conjunction with my IWB holster behind my right hip.....never again will I get a pouch like that.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

tegemu is right, an IWB mag pouch is just not as comfortable as a holster. With an IWB holster, there is quite a bit of length below the belt line and the pressure of the belt is distributed across the entire width of the pistol and holster. With a mag-pouch worn IWB, the pressure of the belt is concentrated across approximately one inch of magazine width pressing it into your side. And to achevie an adequate grip IWB, the mag needs to be seated so that the base of the mag is about even with the bottom edge of the belt which pushes the bottom of the mag into you. While these problems may be alleviated somewhat with a widely spaced IWB double mag-pouch, as stated it really wouldn't be much more concealable than an OWB. With most OWB mag-pouches there is only about 1/2 inch of pouch below the belt-line.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

I had a G&G dual OWB mag carrier for my G30. Terrible concealability. Just pathetic. Problem is I am 5-10 145#. Anything OWB really stands out, I need to bring the bulk as close to my body as possible. The carrier stuck out a good 1.5-2". Not concealable at all.

I was thinking of getting some Blackhawk CQC mag carriers and just clipping them on my pants backwards instead of wearing them IWB. This would put the clip in between the belt and pants.

I need to be able to wear a T-shirt and conceal my carry gear without dressing like a gangster. My shirts come to the lip of my jean pocket.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I have tried IWB mag carriers. They were so uncomfortable that I would rather carry in my pocket or none at all.

Jerry

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Hell, I tried a couple of times to talk people out of them. They wanted them and within a day of recieving them....didnt wear them again. I'll echo what Mark and others have said....just too much pressure in too little of an area. Shoot well.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Freak, my Brommeland OWB Mag Carrier only extends down 3/4 inch below my belt and protrudes only 3/4 inch out from my belt. 3/4 inch is a negligible loss in concealment. In the unlikely event that someone should see my pouch or it's print, I don't think many would recognize it.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

It's not so much the up or down, it is the amount of the carrier sticking out. Same with a IWB v OWB holster. IWB works great, OWB sticks out too far that produces a noticible buldge.

ETA: 3/4-1" on me is enough to get noticed. It starts off being at least an inch from my waistline and then adds another inch or so for the width of mag and carrier. That is where the problem is. If I start out an inch inside my pants and it goes to only the inch of mag width, I think I will be alright.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Links