Best pocket holster for LCP as a backup

This is a discussion on Best pocket holster for LCP as a backup within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I now have a supertuck for my glock 19 and my Kimber. I use a microclip at work with my lcp. My question is, when ...

Thread: Best pocket holster for LCP as a backup

I now have a supertuck for my glock 19 and my Kimber. I use a microclip at work with my lcp. My question is, when I carry my Kimber or glock Id like to also have my lcp with me. Does anyone have any info on a good pocket holster? I now us a "sticky" pocket holster but it doesn't have any retention besides gravity. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Try kydex....FIST, Talon Tactical, are well respected. I recently purchased one of these....Pocket Holsters Alabama Holster Company - Concealment Products That "Just Plian Work" for my J-frame. This even shows a LCP in it. I recently also saw some nice kydex form SharkTac USA Conceal Carry Systems - USA CCS, at a gun show. You might look there also.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I love my Desantis Nemisis and the price didn't hurt either... At $17 from Midway you can't go too wrong...
    "The way I figure it having a concealed gun is like wearing your seat belt. You hope that you never need it but, the one time you don't wear it and something happens you or your mourning family will be sorry you didn't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by avgeekjlb View Post
    I love my Desantis Nemisis and the price didn't hurt either... At $17 from Midway you can't go too wrong...
    I use one for my Kel-Tec P3AT 380... and my GLock 26 and I LOVE IT

Hes wanting something with retention.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

If going with something which has some form of retention or grip to the gun, be sure and get a holster which has a thumb tab extending from it so your thumb can be used to push against the gun as you grip it, and release it from the holster.

I'm pretty sure the Fist kydex pocket holster has this feature.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I'd encourage you to look at a company called Hidden Holsters:
    Hidden Holsters - Expertly Crafted Pocket Holsters

Here's the interesting thing. This guy was taught how to make these holsters from a man named RJ Hedley. Some of you will recognize the man. He used to make this same design. I have one and it was better than anything else.

The DeSantis holsters work well and are cheap and even the uncle mike's holsters protect the gun well from sweat, etc., however, the retention of the leather style along with how easy it is to get a full grip in the pocket make them far better in my opinion....back to the hidden holsters.

A lot of leather pocket holsters start out good but then they stitch them around the outline of the gun and inadvertently pull in the wing or tap that fits into the bottom of the pocket to make the holster and gun stand up in the pocket. The problem is this allows the outline of the gun to print throught the pocket. In jeans no big deal, in dress pants and even dockers it can be.

The Hidden Holster design leaves the holster flatter across the face and they print less. The price it good too.

Another outstanding choice is a leather model from RKBA holsters. Again an oustanding value.

I've tried dozens it seems but I would pick in this order:
    1. Hidden Holster
    2. RKBA
    3. Desantis or uncle mikes

Links