Need some opinions on holster options

This is a discussion on Need some opinions on holster options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Getting a new toy in two weeks; a Kimber Pro Carry II. Now I need a new IWB holster pronto because it would make me ...

Thread: Need some opinions on holster options

Need some opinions on holster options

Getting a new toy in two weeks; a Kimber Pro Carry II. Now I need a new IWB holster pronto because it would make me sick watching it collect dust until I got a custom job in. I've checked around; here are the in-stock options I have available for IWB. I am leaning toward the AKJ Concealco, but my son likes the Milt Sparks. Do you have experience with any of the three and of them which do you recommend:

AKJ Concealco
    http://www.concealco.com/miva/mercha...ry_Code=051IWB

Milt Sparks Watch 6
    http://www.miltsparks.com/

High Noon Tailgunner
    http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._w_straps.html
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

2. Remove Ads

if ya have to have one now and cant wait for a custom job then desantis cozy partner is a nice holster i have one for my 1911's i never have used any of the above holsters as getting some people to make left handed stuff takes way to long

mik
    I use a Milt Sparks Versa-Max II which is just like the Watch 6 but with the reinforced mouth and option to replace the belt loops with Kydex clips to make it tuckable. It's extremely comfortable carrying my Commander length 1911. I've also used one to carry a Gov't model and it was just as comfortable.

Don't have experience with the other holsters, so I'd go with Milt Sparks. Lightning Arms would be able to get it to you quickest, if they have it in stock.

I thought Sparks current turn-around was like 12 weeks, but if you know where you can get a Watch Six now with no wait then get it. You'll probably never need to get another holster.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

I love my Fist K1 IWBs. I have one for my Glock and my 92F.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

yci
    Another vote for the Sparks. I use the VM-II (like mik mentioned). Lightning Arms or Alan Yoast would be your best bet to avoid the wait time from Sparks direct.

I had a Watch Six for my SA Champion, nice holster to be sure. I prefer Gary's Max-Con V but if I couldn't wait out an order I'd get a Watch Six through Lightning Arms.
    Jack

I know this is way late, but the concealco holsters are nice and I like mine. They don't appear to be well known, but I would take it over the other brands suggested in a heartbeat.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I have had both the Sparks and the AKJ. They are both rather thin and most definitely I would go with the Sparks as it is built better however if you need one quick the AKJ is the way to go as he can usually get you one within a week if he already has one built. He has a line of ones ready to go and also builds custom ones which would have the normal 12+ week waiting period. Personally, I would check out Gary Brommelands new line of "Service Grade" which are in the same price range and are awesome IWB holsters.

Links