Doing it right.

Doing it right.

This is a discussion on Doing it right. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I tell ya what friends I have finally decided to carry the 1911 full time and I have decided to order a the Def Con ...

Thread: Doing it right.

Doing it right.

I tell ya what friends I have finally decided to carry the 1911 full time and I have decided to order a the Def Con holster from Gary. My wife came home from work and saw me filling out the form and gave me the look.

The sad thing about it is I kinda felt good and bad kinda like when I spent over 200.00 dollars for CCW Class and license, but you know it was a good choice and I would not look back. I am looking forward to sending my money to Gary tomorrow and waiting on my holster. Next, I got to get a belt. I tell you really have to invest if you want to do this thing right. Gary seems to really be passionate about his stuff and realizes the importance of a good product at a good price.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Assistant Administrator
    Blue - it is indeed true - investment is needed to do CCW well - IMO anyways.

Gary and all our great holster guys are certainly very passionate about what they make - something I think we can be very pleased to have available to us.

Once set up well, then the rest is pretty much a breeze and all the trouble and cost is vindicated. Glad you are making good progress and opting for a great full time carry.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Blue - it is indeed true - investment is needed to do CCW well - IMO anyways.
    Very true... and there isn't any other way to do CCW. If you don't do it well, don't do it at all.

Sometimes we have to bite the bullet ( for the bad pun) and pay for the quality we can trust.

When you get into CCW, you are putting your life in the equipment you carry.
    Blinky

Dalai Lama - May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times

Good choice on the Def-Con holster. You will be very happy with it. I have one for my 1911, it is a great holster, as is all of Gary's work.
    NRA Life Member

"All That Later"

The sad thing about it is I kinda felt good and bad kinda like when I spent over 200.00 dollars for CCW Class and license, but you know it was a good choice and I would not look back.
    I belive your life is worth way more than, $200 + holster/belt + 1911.

Congratulations Blue, you're gonna be amazed how easily and comfortably that 1911 carries in Gary's gear. I assume you're talking about one of Gary's belts too? Yes, it can be fairly expensive initially gearing up in custom leather but it's money well spent and it isn't something that has to be repeated very often. Ya' done good!
    Jack

Sponsored Links