DeSantis Tuck This II... Not So Good For Me.

This is a discussion on DeSantis Tuck This II... Not So Good For Me. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay... I got mine the other day after reading someone say they got one and liked it. All I can say is... so far... hate ...

Thread: DeSantis Tuck This II... Not So Good For Me.

Okay... I got mine the other day after reading someone say they got one and liked it. All I can say is... so far... hate it. I am not knocking the product or maker. It is well made and I really like the mag holder. The cant is also adjustable and at $38 the price is right. The metal pant / belt clip is so tight it is nearly impossible to adjust or move without essentially getting completely undressed. I could not make it feel comfortable adjusted or not no matter where I put it. I am 6" 220 and in pretty good shape so I am not some fatty trying to make it work. The thing is made of nylon which will chaffe unless you wear an under shirt (I don't) and knew that going in. Then, tucking in a shirt? Umm... Trying to tuck in a shirt was also a futile effort. The depth of the "tuck" part isn't enough if you wear an XL shirt due to the amount of material you are trying to tuck in. I have put it away for a few days but may try it again. I have a Crossbreed coming so we'll see how that goes.

I think you'll like the Crossbreed. I wear mine past 3:00, like 3:30 to 4:30. I am comfortable with it against my skin. Remember, you pants have to be a little big for these kinds of holsters. The great thing is that if you don't like it you can send it back.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenSaber View Post
    Okay... I got mine the other day after reading someone say they got one and liked it. All I can say is... so far... hate it. I am not knocking the product or maker. It is well made and I really like the mag holder. The cant is also adjustable and at $38 the price is right. The metal pant / belt clip is so tight it is nearly impossible to adjust or move without essentially getting completely undressed. I could not make it feel comfortable adjusted or not no matter where I put it. I am 6" 220 and in pretty good shape so I am not some fatty trying to make it work. The thing is made of nylon which will chaffe unless you wear an under shirt (I don't) and knew that going in. Then, tucking in a shirt? Umm... Trying to tuck in a shirt was also a futile effort. The depth of the "tuck" part isn't enough if you wear an XL shirt due to the amount of material you are trying to tuck in. I have put it away for a few days but may try it again. I have a Crossbreed coming so we'll see how that goes.
    You and I are pretty much built the same and I had the very same problems as you describe. I bought it Monday and returned it Tuesday. It just wasn't for me either. Good luck with the Crossbreed.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

RMS
    I believe you will love the Crossbreed Supertuck. I wear mine most everyday all day. It is easy to forget that you even have it on. It may not be pretty, but it will do exactly what they say it will!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by doctorw View Post
    I think you'll like the Crossbreed. I wear mine past 3:00, like 3:30 to 4:30. I am comfortable with it against my skin. Remember, you pants have to be a little big for these kinds of holsters. The great thing is that if you don't like it you can send it back.
    What do you carry? I wear my supertuck at 3:00. I tried moving it back to 3:30 or 4 but the butt of my P229 sticks out too much and is very noticable, especially if I bend over.

Quote Originally Posted by tdd78 View Post
    What do you carry? I wear my supertuck at 3:00. I tried moving it back to 3:30 or 4 but the butt of my P229 sticks out too much and is very noticable, especially if I bend over.
    Have you tried moving the cant forward a few more degrees? That will make a difference. Might have to turn it a lot.
    I ain't what I otta be, I ain't what I wanta be, I ain't what I could be,

But thank God, I ain't what I used to be,
    And, Praise God, I ain't what I'm gonna be!

II Cor 3:18

You and I are built almost exactly the same from your description. I ended up trading mine to my dad for some ammo. I carry everyday all day long with a Supertuck from Crossbreed and absolutely love it.

M&P9c
    SW99 40cal.
    SuperTuck

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    +1 for the Supertuck.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I think you'll love the SuperTuck. Get the settings right and you'll find it's as close to perfect as can be.

Yep, the Crossbreed should do the trick. Just remember to wear it religiously for the first few days to break the leather in.

Sponsored Links