Need help deciding on a G26 holster.

This is a discussion on Need help deciding on a G26 holster. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im looking for an IWB holster for my G26 and have a few in mind but need help deciding. I was looking at the Minotaur ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help deciding on a G26 holster.

Need help deciding on a G26 holster.

Im looking for an IWB holster for my G26 and have a few in mind but need help deciding. I was looking at the Minotaur MTAC and the crossbreed supertuck. I will also need a good gun belt.

2. Remove Ads

I've got three Crossbreed producted (two Supertucks, one minituck) and I love them. My first Supertuck was for the 1911s in the safe and I liked it so much I ordered one for my G19/G32. I also got the minituck for the PM9. If you have the choice, I'd get the combat cut because I ended up cutting away the excess on the 1911 supertuck once I could compare it to the factory combat cut for the G19/G32 setup. I put up the cash for the horsehide, too. Love my supertucks, they pushed all other IWB holsters into the junk drawer, and I have some very nice ones. Nothing bad to say about those others, but the Crossbreed stuff is just more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay03 View Post
    Im looking for an IWB holster for my G26 and have a few in mind but need help deciding. I was looking at the Minotaur MTAC and the crossbreed supertuck. I will also need a good gun belt.
    I absolutely love my G26 riding in a Milt Sparks "Watch Six". It's similar to the Versa Max 2, but does not have the detailed boning and reinforced mouth--but, it is thin, comfy and a great value!

Buy a cheap kydex to get you by until your Sparks holster comes in!

Regarding a belt...lots of viable options out there. I like my Liger Belt and my shark belt from Beltman.

Good luck.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Thanks for the replys guys and I am looking for something thin since im 6'2" 180 its not as easy to conceal as some larger guys unless I have a good holster. That watch six looks very nice also wonder how it would compare to the supertuck.

VIP Member
    I got a MTAC minotaur with the slide for my 26...It also fits all the other Glock 9mm's. Love it...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    I got a MTAC minotaur with the slide for my 26...It also fits all the other Glock 9mm's. Love it...
    Hmm that might be nice cause I plan on getting a G19 before long also.

VIP Member
    I also have a G19, that's why I bought the slide...If you want the end of the muzzle covered, order it for a G19, the 26 still fits perfectly, but the kydex shell covers the muzzle + about 1/2". That way you can use it for both.. Either way they are great holsters...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

sfo
    i carry my g26 in a ctac. had the crossbreed and didn't like it much. i will say the customer service at crossbreed is excellent and they took back the holster i got from them no questions asked. i believe the supertuck and the minotaur line are similar in design. for a belt i believe many will recommend one from beltman, thats what i have. if you can't wait the long time to get one or the price is too high i would look at a wilderness instructors belt.

It costs nothing to 'window shop'...ya' gotta' look here for a while...

Fist Holsters
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Most will list their favorite holster(s) on a question such as this. So I will add my .02.

I carry a full size Glock 22 in a MTAC and it carries well. My G27 will also fit nicely in the MTAC but I picked up a Galco Royal Guard for the G27 and found it to be the most comfortable holter I have in my collection. Horse leather, reinforced opening and I wear it at 3:30 or so and I love the 15 deg angle. Most of the time I forget it is even there. I was working outside most of today, sweating in the sun, climbing ladders, etc and just checked it .. it's dry as a bone. No doubt this is my #1 carry holster.

I just picked up the std crossbreed supertuck last week, and absolutely love it for my glock 23. I actually wore it for a 10hr drive yesterday, and was absolutely comfortable the entire time. Today, I got so comfortable with it, I had to stop and actually check to make sure I didn't lose my glock, it was that comfy.
    BLONDIE: You may run the risks, my friend, but I do the cutting. If we cut down my percentage... cigar? Liable to interfere with my aim.

I had a VM2, but didn't like how high it positioned the gun.

Now I have an HBE holster-- the gun sits lower, and feels much more stable.
    When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

crossbreed supertuck... 'nuff said. :)
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

I use an MTAC slide for a Glock 26. Comfy and secure!
    Question Everything!

I have a MTAC for my G27 and I love it.

The holster is high quality, tough, and sucks that G26/27 frame right to your body, which is exactly what i wanted.

I was torn when i first tried to find a good IWB holster b/w all the different options. I went with the MTAC because of the versatility and the modularity of it. Also they have great customer service I called/emailed them several times and they were more then helpful. There's alot of great holsters out there just depends on what your looking for.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links