Aznav's "Lash & Dash" Rig

This is a discussion on Aznav's "Lash & Dash" Rig within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Living in Arizona where it is t-shirt weather 364 days a year, I find myself in beltless shorts more often than not. I cannot tell ...

Thread: Aznav's "Lash & Dash" Rig

Distinguished Member

Aznav's "Lash & Dash" Rig

Living in Arizona where it is t-shirt weather 364 days a year, I find myself in beltless shorts more often than not. I cannot tell you the number of times I had to run out the door to run an errand and had to stop to put on belted pants or shorts. In the process I would belt up, threading or clipping on various DC paraphernalia. I got a good deal on a used Safariland belt right here on DC. Since then I have added a permanent mag carrier, knife, and Little Bear wrap around holster. The holster is perfect for holding Bersa, Taurus Millennium, and my EDC - H&K P30. I leave it hanging by the closet.

Now I just lash it around my waist and do the dash for milk, mail, and coffee. Here are some pics. Just thought I'd share with the DC brethren (and sistern).
    Attached Images
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

2. Remove Ads

Living in LV I know what you mean about t-shirts and shorts. Does it ride up on you since it doesn't go through belt loops?
    Nevada CFP
    Utah CFP

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta96 View Post
    Living in LV I know what you mean about t-shirts and shorts. Does it ride up on you since it doesn't go through belt loops?
    Yes, at times but not bad. I cinch it pretty tight.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Looks like it might work for short trips, but I would wonder about a quick draw under stress...might the belt and holster come up with the gun? Only you can tell...
    Good idea though...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Looks like it might work for short trips, but I would wonder about a quick draw under stress...might the belt and holster come up with the gun? Only you can tell...
    Good idea though...
    Yeah, short trips, for sure. But I do cinch it tight for that very reason.

I like the idea. If I lived in a hot weather environment, I'd probably just use a small fanny pack for short errand-type trips.

Home made belly band!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I did something similar, I took a belly band and added about 6 more inches of velcro....I can carry a full size 45. without any problem and I put it on the outside of my pants. Just wear it without a belt. Really holds the gun close and keeps my pants up.
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Yes, at times but not bad. I cinch it pretty tight.
    I'll have to try it. It is still freaking hot here.
    Nevada CFP
    Utah CFP

I like that set up. It looks very doable for short trips. Since my town is so small, many of my trips are pretty short and then back home again.

I have lots of shorts without belt loops. Athletic shorts and the like. Elastic waistband with a drawstring and deep pockets.

I have to have shorts with at least a drawstring so I can cinch them pretty tight. Then I pocket carry XD9sc or Ruger LCP in DeSantis Nemesis pocket holsters.

I might give something like that a try since I have a couple of wilderness belts.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I like that set up. It looks very doable for short trips. Since my town is so small, many of my trips are pretty short and then back home again.

I have lots of shorts without belt loops. Athletic shorts and the like. Elastic waistband with a drawstring and deep pockets.

I have to have shorts with at least a drawstring so I can cinch them pretty tight. Then I pocket carry XD9sc or Ruger LCP in DeSantis Nemesis pocket holsters.

I might give something like that a try since I have a couple of wilderness belts.
    I really like Wilderness belts - my favorite. And, yes, I've done the "cinch the snot out of the drawstrings" for my snubbie. Never worked very well. Eventually looked like a gang banger with my pants around my knees.

I think you've got a good idea there. I especially like that it's ready to be lashed - heck, in a pinch you could even quickly strap this one on over pants with loops and re-adjust later if needed. Thanks for sharin'!

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    I really like Wilderness belts - my favorite. And, yes, I've done the "cinch the snot out of the drawstrings" for my snubbie. Never worked very well. Eventually looked like a gang banger with my pants around my knees.
    Wear suspenders!
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

This is a really good idea for those quick trips out. Pocket carrying with just a drawstring usually isn't very comfortable and even with a good pocket holster those kind of pockets still allow the gun to move and shift position quite a bit.

I came up with my "Stuff 'n Go" solution for beltless carry - Hidden Defense: Stuff & Go - A Semi & A Snub
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Links