Forgot how comfy OWB can be

This is a discussion on Forgot how comfy OWB can be within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So we finally got a cooler day here and I decided to put on a pair of cargo pants only to find they shrunk a ...

Thread: Forgot how comfy OWB can be

So we finally got a cooler day here and I decided to put on a pair of cargo pants only to find they shrunk a little in my closet (couldn't be that I am a couple pounds heavier. They shrunk I tell you!!).

Instead of taking them back off I decided to go with OWB carry today instead of my normal supertuck or AIWB carry.

On the way to work I noticed I didn't have the top of my slide digging into my side and as I sat in my desk chair I found I could sit all the way back in it and not feel that lump at my 4:00.

It has been about seven months since I OWB carried and will probably finish off the week with this setup. This weekend I will probably go back to IWB since most weekends I am out in the public more than during the week. But for right now I am loving it.

Springfield XD 9 Sub-Compact in a Don Hume OT on a Gould and Goodrich gunbelt.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    You have experienced Seasonal Storage Shrinkage.

It happens to me all the time
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Administrator
    My opinion is that OWB is absolutely the most comfortable way to carry a firearm at the waist.

It sure does take a back seat to IWB carry on this forum though.

I always wonder if all of the people that carry IWB really need to carry IWB as VS OWB.
    Both are equally as concealable if a high quality leather rig and a good gun belt are used.

OWB

I second the comfort of owb. I have had my CWP for about 6 months and I tried 3 different IWB holsters and was never able to experience that" I wore it for 12 hours and forgot it was there" feeling. I finally started wearing some bigger t shirts with a Don Hume H721 O.T. with my 9mm PPS and problem solved. I really did listen to all the members IWB and tried different cants and positions with a cross breed super tuck but to no avail. Like everyone says it takes awhile to find the right set up and also if someone says they don't have a drawer full of holsters they are telling you an Obama.

Here is another thumbs up for the Don Hume 721 - great holster for the price. In Florida, we can wear untucked shirts and appear to be dressed like everyone else. OWB is sweet!

I gave OWB a trial run a few weeks back and it's been great for both comfort and concealment. I'll likely never go back to IWB carry.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. Richard Henry Lee 1788

Links