Problem Holster

This is a discussion on Problem Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just purchased a new Galco IWB model Sum 2268/ F919TD holster for my Glock 19. Very unhappy with it. It doesn't seem to stick ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem Holster

Unhappy Problem Holster

I just purchased a new Galco IWB model Sum 2268/ F919TD holster for my Glock 19. Very unhappy with it. It doesn't seem to stick into my waist band far enough. It keeps rolling out either inverting or raking in an undesired direction. Will a new belt help or is it just a normal problem with such a short IWB holster? I also was hoping it would hold a Sig 225 but not so well. Still looking for a great IWB for a 225.
    When the chips are down, only hits count

Train as you fight, fight as you train.
    Sig 220-45,Sig 225-9mm,Sig 226-.40,Bernelli M1,Bernelli Nova, SW 4340-.40
    Glock 19,Llama Mini .45,U-238 WMD, (so the anti's say),and others

2. Remove Ads

post pics of the way you wear it and we will have a better idea,the difference in a glock 19 and sig P6/225 are significant
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Cool How I wear it.

I wear it a 3-4 oclock inside either dress slacks or dickies. Will try to get some photos to post. I'm a techno tard though. No promises.

If it is the SUMMER COMFORT INSIDE PANT HOLSTER (SUM226B)
    I have a similar holster and from the way you describe things I would lean towards the belt being the issue.

You need a good gun belt and you have to make sure it is the right width for the loops in the holster (Usually 1.50 Inch width) Not your normal 1.25 dress belt
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

VIP Member
    Get a good belt, it will help. Then look at the VM-II style IWB holsters, B-I-G improvement in design!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

So........how much would you be asking for the "problem" holster? My apologies if it appears that I'm not being of help in your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    So........how much would you be asking for the "problem" holster? My apologies if it appears that I'm not being of help in your situation.

Sounds like you are going to need a good gun belt. If you are wearing a flimsy belt it will want to roll on you in some positions.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I had a XD subcompact .40 and tried an IWB holster but it was like trying to stabilize a ball in my waistband. Short holster without a good retaining belt loop(s). Sold it and got a G30 and a Fist OWB holster. Much more comfortable and efficient for me.

Joe

Cool Pics by request

Here are pics of the rig without cover garment, (thank you Capt Obvious). Besides a large fuel tank for the love machine, (some say a beer belly) what should I do to make it carry better. I realize it is made for the G19 not the P225. It just feels like it wants to flip out of me pants like it doesn't protrude far enough down into me trousers. Many thanks in advance for the multiple helpful ideas, and for the less than helpful
    Attached Images

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    It does seem to be riding very high. Of course if the center of balance is above your waistline, it will want to flip out of your pants. The loops seem to be made for a wider belt. My guess is that the belt is 1.50" wide and the loops are for a 1.75" belt. I would suggest buying a 1.75" belt which by coincidence Galco does make. The extra width and tighter fit would make a big difference.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    The belt is too narrow for the loops, for one thing. Who made the belt? You really do want a "real" carry belt if you plan to carry for long periods of time or train at all with your setup.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Cool Belt manufacturer

Don't remember who made the belt, but it is old. Guess its time to drop another $8 for a new belt. Ah heck, maybe I'll go big and spend as much as $10. So you all think its the belt and not a holster problem then. I'll try a wider double thick belt and see how that goes. Still open to other suggestions though.

It does look like the belt is the issue to me. I have a Galco Summer Comfort for my M&P40. I use a 1.5 inch wide Aker gun belt and have no problems with my set up.

Unfortunately a belt made specifically to carry a gun is going to cost more than $10.
    Last edited by Intrepid; September 14th, 2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtruck2 View Post
    Don't remember who made the belt, but it is old. Guess its time to drop another $8 for a new belt. Ah heck, maybe I'll go big and spend as much as $10. So you all think its the belt and not a holster problem then. I'll try a wider double thick belt and see how that goes. Still open to other suggestions though.
    Your chosen method of carry is at least as important as your choice of pistol. It doesn't matter how good your handgun is if you can't employ it effectively due to fit or function, or you don't carry all together due to issues with discomfort.

A good belt will make a marginal holster a good one, and a poor belt will render the best holster there is a useless piece of garbage. You need a "real" carry belt that is designed to support the weight of a pistol without sagging or rolling. Any old double thick belt isn't gonna work.

If you're serious about defensive carry, take the advice offered here and invest in a belt that is designed to support a pistol.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtruck2 View Post
    Here are pics of the rig without cover garment, (thank you Capt Obvious). Besides a large fuel tank for the love machine, (some say a beer belly) what should I do to make it carry better. I realize it is made for the G19 not the P225. It just feels like it wants to flip out of me pants like it doesn't protrude far enough down into me trousers. Many thanks in advance for the multiple helpful ideas, and for the less than helpful
    New belt will fix that prob I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links