New Holster For My Taurus PT-1911 AR

This is a discussion on New Holster For My Taurus PT-1911 AR within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I am sure anyone who has a non standard 1911 knows, finding a holster can be difficult at best. Having one with a accesory ...

Thread: New Holster For My Taurus PT-1911 AR

New Holster For My Taurus PT-1911 AR

As I am sure anyone who has a non standard 1911 knows, finding a holster can be difficult at best. Having one with a accesory rail as a part of the frame is darn near impossible. Yes there are the thigh position tactical holsters made by some very well known manufacturers in that industry, but for the average Tex like me....those are not what I want. Recently I found exactly what I wanted for OWB carry of my new gun.....at least at the range and any informal competitions I attend. It is a holster made for the gun and even has the Taurus name, logo and model on the holster. It looks just like a plastic holster from another manufacturer, but nowhere is their name on the holster. I like it for what I want it for. Since this is primarily a range/home defense/light competition gun, it will fill my needs. I really like the fact that it also has a push button release/retention system. The gun fits perfectly and is nice & tight with no movement whatsoever. I found the holster via the web at Glenn Zanders Sporting Goods in Baldwin IL. Here are a few pics.

The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

2. Remove Ads

very nice , my Fobus Roto Holster just came this week for my PT 1911 .
    Wish I had seen this first .
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police

Distinguished Member
    Good that you're happy and secure that your 1911 wont suffer a fall out of the holster. However, the retention system on that little paddle holster won't deter an aggressive bad guy. Please watch this short video.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

RMS
    Great looking gun and holster!

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Good that you're happy and secure that your 1911 wont suffer a fall out of the holster. However, the retention system on that little paddle holster won't deter an aggressive bad guy. Please watch this short video.
    Oh, I completly understand that this is not sufficient for that purpose, nor did I buy it for that purpose. But I ride horses, motorcycles, and ATV's quite often with a gun and this retention system will help to keep the gun in the holster until I need it.

tex
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

taurus 1911 ar w/rail

i looked on the web site you mentioned and i am unable to find a similar holster for my 1911 ar were on the site did you find it, any help would be appreciated

I've got the same thing, different name. It sticks out too far for concealed carry, though; unless you've got a parka.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Thumbs up here is my holster....

tttttttttt.jpgin Philippines holster for your taurus PT 1911 AR is not a problem at all.....you can buy it in any gunstore or military accesories

Fobus Roto Holster for Taurus PT 1911AR

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    tttttttttt.jpgin Philippines holster for your taurus PT 1911 AR is not a problem at all.....you can buy it in any gunstore or military accesories
    Please give me the site or the gun store where i can purchase the said item. highly appreciated. Jhun..

would you please give me the site or the gunstore in the philippines where i can buy this holster for Taurus PT 1911 AR. very much appriciated. Thank you.. Jhun

Links