Double behind the back holster.

This is a discussion on Double behind the back holster. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a .40 cal H&K USP COMPACT hand gun. I currently carry with a side draw Fobus holster. I am very happy with this ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Double behind the back holster.

Double behind the back holster.

I have a .40 cal H&K USP COMPACT hand gun. I currently carry with a side draw Fobus holster. I am very happy with this holster. I am about to purchase a second handgun exactly the same for my left hand. Does anyone know of a manufactuer that makes a Fobus like duel behind the back holster, or do you just have to buy 2 holsters?

2. Remove Ads

Not sure about Fobus holsters (personally don't like 'em) but you might search professional opinions about BTB (behind-the-back) holsters. IMPO, there's a lot more liabilities to them than there are advantages. But, of course, the decision is yours. Good Luck!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

cmb
    there is the option like in the movie face off, the one nicolas cage used, barely remember the movie, just his holster and pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by groper01 View Post
    I have a .40 cal H&K USP COMPACT hand gun. I currently carry with a side draw Fobus holster. I am very happy with this holster. I am about to purchase a second handgun exactly the same for my left hand. Does anyone know of a manufactuer that makes a Fobus like duel behind the back holster, or do you just have to buy 2 holsters?
    I hate to say it but the fact you want one pistol for each hand makes me wonder why you feel the need to have 2 pistols drawn at the same time,some people carry a backup gun in case their primary fails etc.but your post has mall ninja written all over it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Bell Charter Oak Holsters has what is called the New York Reload for both auto and revolvers.

You can also find something I have used here at Law Concealment Systems.

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I hate to say it but the fact you want one pistol for each hand makes me wonder why you feel the need to have 2 pistols drawn at the same time,some people carry a backup gun in case their primary fails etc.but your post has mall ninja written all over it
    Now thats comedy, thanks I needed that.
    "Train Hard & Train Often"

EW3
    Just don't fall backwards on them...unless you like being a quadriplegic.

One gun at 5 o'clock for me if I do belt carry, nothing across the spine!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Yeah, I wouldn't use the Bell Charter holster for that reason. I would use two separate holsters about 5 and 7 O'clock respectively. A lot more padding over the kidney area.

However I haven't carried anything that far back in a long long time. (5 & 7 O'clock)
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Greko45 1/2 brother?
    TN_Mike likes this.

If you are serious about two guns that is your option. However...you dont do it with two HKs in FOBUS holsters. I may sound like a snob...but come on. Two quality firearms like a HK should be in QUALITY Kydex or leather. Not plastic. Yes there is a difference between Kydex and plastic like in a Fobus. The Small of Back is an option but not a very popular one for various reasons. I personally would carry two guns ina "Mirror Carry" at 3 and 9. In a tightly boned Pancake holster. If you are serious..do your research and do it right....
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I think you really do need to clarify your needs for thinking you actually need a setup of this nature. Good Luck

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Name starts with a G.. has two numbers on the end.. Admires HK and products widely lampooned in the community..

Are you employed as an operator in your local malls Rapid Reaction Force?

Well that's one way to drive off new members, who's to say which way he would like to carry.
    It's his choice, I'm sure he didn't come here for the insults.

DefensiveCarry.com isn't supposed to be like that, this place is different, let's not let it become one of "those" forums.

Administrator
    Let's try to educate and not alienate.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    Just don't fall backwards on them...unless you like being a quadriplegic.

One gun at 5 o'clock for me if I do belt carry, nothing across the spine!
    Oh please, not these myths again. If you must post these scare tactics, please back it up with some data. Just some, does not have to be alot.

I like carrying SOB if I am going to be standing more than sitting. Covers well with a shirt or jacket. But not great riding in a car or sitting for long periods. But don't let the myths bother you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links