Full Size XD45 with Crossbreed Supertuck

This is a discussion on Full Size XD45 with Crossbreed Supertuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw this video on Youtube and it convinced me that I could make this setup work: YouTube - Crossbreed Supertuck IWB Holster Demo I'm ...

Thread: Full Size XD45 with Crossbreed Supertuck

Full Size XD45 with Crossbreed Supertuck

I saw this video on Youtube and it convinced me that I could make this setup work:

YouTube - Crossbreed Supertuck IWB Holster Demo

I'm loving the supertuck as well, but I'm also aware that a full size .45ACP is a bear. I carry the same way as this dude in the video.

What are some of the best ways to make it more manageable? Bigger pants? Bigger shirts? Reposition the holster somewhat?

I've also considered getting a smaller version of the XD45 - they fit in this holster and there would be less magazine protrusion. Then again, I have big hands and like the feel of my full size. And I like the 13+1 round capacity

Suggestions are welcome :)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I carry the XD 45 Compact (4-inch barrel). My holster search came to an end a couple of years ago when my Crossbreed SuperTuck arrived. I had tried a few others (which shall be nameless) that were supposed to be so great, but the Crossbreed beats them all as far as I'm concerned. It's adjustable for both ride height and cant right out of the box, plus tuckable!

Anyway....I think you'll find that it's the grip size that is a much greater factor in concealability than the barrel length. That's because the grip runs roughly horizontal in most carry methods while the barrel just extends downward inside of the pants, anyway. That's why I bought the XD 45 Compact; you can carry it with the 10-round mag for easier (MUCH easier) concealment, but carry the 13-rounder as a spare mag or for range practice.

I can make the 45 Compact totally disappear in the Crossbreed in a fairly tight-fitting t-shirt.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I carry the XD 45 Compact (4-inch barrel). My holster search came to an end a couple of years ago when my Crossbreed SuperTuck arrived. I had tried a few others (which shall be nameless) that were supposed to be so great, but the Crossbreed beats them all as far as I'm concerned. It's adjustable for both ride height and cant right out of the box, plus tuckable!

Anyway....I think you'll find that it's the grip size that is a much greater factor in concealability than the barrel length. That's because the grip runs roughly horizontal in most carry methods while the barrel just extends downward inside of the pants, anyway. That's why I bought the XD 45 Compact; you can carry it with the 10-round mag for easier (MUCH easier) concealment, but carry the 13-rounder as a spare mag or for range practice.

I can make the 45 Compact totally disappear in the Crossbreed in a fairly tight-fitting t-shirt.
    Ah ok - I should've mentioned mine is a 4inch barrel as well.

Definitely have had no problem with the 4 inch - it's that huge grip that gets in the way - from what you said, I'm betting the compact would solve that problem.

EW3
    You'll need a good sturdy belt like a 1.5" Beltman belt. Without it, forget it!

Gun Belts by The Belt Man | tel. (919) 387-1997 | DUAL-LAYER BULL HIDE BELTS
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

I carry both an XD 9 Sub Compact or a XD45 Service everyday. I recently have carried the Sub Compact more appendix style because of the hot weather but Fall, Spring & Winter I will use the Crossbreed Supertuck.

I am 6' 3" 170 and have no problem concealing the full size XD. As you can see from the pictures I have the Supertuck adjusted to almost full cant.

I buy my pants one size larger to accomodate IWB carry and use a 1 1/2" width Gould and Goodrich gunbelt.

Just because one holster works for one person doesn't mean it will work for everyone (most people I know that carry everyday have a huge supply of holsters for each gun they own).

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Definitely have had no problem with the 4 inch - it's that huge grip that gets in the way - from what you said, I'm betting the compact would solve that problem.

It probably would. Just as a side note, I decided a couple of years ago to try out the Pierce grip extenders on the 10-round mags. I quickly took them off because they made concealment much more difficult. Considering that they're only about 3/4 inch and the 13-round mag is about 1 1/4" longer than the 10-rounder, that would probably be a factor.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I too carry a fullsize XD, it is the 45 Tact. It is carried in a Comptac MTAC holster and I also have a gun belt from Comptac. Works great.
    Keep your powder dry

Links