Springfield XD40 subcompact

This is a discussion on Springfield XD40 subcompact within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all it has been a while since I have posted some stuff so here it is. I recently fell in love with my XD40 ...

Hello all it has been a while since I have posted some stuff so here it is. I recently fell in love with my XD40 sc. The only thing is that I am having problems concealing it well. I carry a Taurus 24/7 with an 3 inch barrel and I love the way that it conceals. That is my wife's gun and she like to wear it from time to time.

So I need help on picking the right IWB holster. I am not to picky when it comes to leather or kydex. I just want something that conceals really good. I was going to order a K&D but it looks like he closed up shop until further notice. So please anyone out there with and XD tht likes to IWB carry please take pics and help me out. It is driving me crazy.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

I have the same weapon. XD40SC. I use a MTAC at the 3 to 4:30 position depending on cover garments.
    at 3:00 with a 12 round mag it does not print with most movements, but it takes some getting used to. at 4-4:30 the mag will print a bit with a minor bend at the waist. Changing to the 10 round this goes away quit a bit.
    I use the 12 rounds only. And I keep it at the 3:00 position.

you DO need to go a pant size biger. I got my belt and MTAC from the same place. 1.5 inch black. never been made by anyone not living in my home. (With a short 3 month track record).

my usual garb is a t-shirt tucked in with a "print of some kind" button up shirt over the top of that, not buttoned. in some wind I button a single button near the waist and that keeps it from blowing open.

EDIT: I am 5,11" at around 180. your size will change how you hid it.
    Last edited by tbrenke; September 15th, 2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: my size added.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

I have a favorite IWB holster for my XD9sc, its a MAX CON V from Gary Brommeland. I know he got behind for a while but he is back on track and delivering in a very timely manner these days.

Very comfortable holster.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I carry an XD 45 Compact with the 4-inch barrel in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I can make it totally disappear under a t-shirt.

The SuperTuck is:

Height-adjustable

Cant-adjustable

Tuckable

...right out of the box and it's so comfortable you'll forget you're wearing a gun.

So if the 45 Compact works this well, your Subcompact will disappear with ease.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Simple....the Don Hume (715 M NO.XD-C) IWB holster works great. The holster is made w/ thick leather, and has one metal clip. For $30 I havent seen a better holster. I have a XDsc-40 and a XDm-40 they both fit well in the same holster the XDm barrel hangsout but its inside the pant leg so doesnt matter.
    Springfield XDm-40
    XDsc-40

Id like to fly...but my wings have been so denied!!!

MTAC!!!!
    Keep your powder dry

thank you for all of your info. I will let you know wht I got with.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

i use uncle mike's inside pants holster, size 15 i think for my sc xd's.

I have carried a Taurus Millenium Pro EDC for the past 6 months and traded "up?" to a SA XD9sc last week. I am happy to see that my Kholster fits my new XD as well as my full-size XDm. Although its big and ugly, the Kholster works well and has held up for 6 months with no problem. Only problem is I have had to gradually start buying pants and shorts in a larger waist size.........or loose 2 inches of bellyfat and that's obviously not happening!

Bud

You might look at the BobcatII at southforkholsters.com. It is a great holster for short barrel pistols with a hold open strap on the top.
    SA 1911 4" & 5"
    S&W M&Pc .40
    S&W 686
    S&W 36
    2X S&W 3913
    S&W99 .40

Links