Need Holster for P11

Need Holster for P11

This is a discussion on Need Holster for P11 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a belt holster for my KT P11. Have a few prerequisites. NO IWB. Must be a pancake, leather (brown) belt holster with thumb ...

Thread: Need Holster for P11

Need Holster for P11

Looking for a belt holster for my KT P11. Have a few prerequisites. NO IWB. Must be a pancake, leather (brown) belt holster with thumb break. Must not cost a fortune. I'd like it to be under 50 bucks if possible. I've seen numerous examples, but none that fit all the criteria AND have a thumb break. I'm hung up on the thumb break, but I'd like for someone with experience to convince me I don't need it. Thanks.

EW3
    UBG Holsters:

A good belt and well made holster is all the retention you need, forget that thumb break. Are you going to be able to or remember to undo it in a high stress SHTF situation?

UBG Holsters

Nate does great work, you won't be disappointed, and only a few dollars more than what you stated. Ask around here.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

EW3, thanks for the reply. I am very comfortable with the thumb break design. All my other "serious" holsters for my other pistols are thumb break types. Drawing from one is a seamless motion for me. My fascination with these is that (in my mind anyway), they combine absolute retention with fast access to the weapon when needed.

EW3
    If that's what you are comfortable with, then that's what you should use.

I'm just going to pre-warn you that you will not find many fans or users of thumb breaks here, nor will many of the custom holster makers offer such a thing.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    I'm just going to pre-warn you that you will not find many fans or users of thumb breaks here, nor will many of the custom holster makers offer such a thing.
    Well, I'm not a "shootist" or an expert or anything. The only guy I ever had to draw down on using a thumb break didn't have any shoulders and he had a copper-colored head. He didn't speak English either, because he had no reaction to the string of expletives that came out of my mouth when I noticed him lying next to my feet.

Seriously though, I'm considering giving one of the custom "friction-only" retention holsters a try. The biggest reason I'm hesitating is that there aren't any retailers to walk in to and try one out. About the only option seems to be ordering off of the net sight unseen.

Well, I've looked and looked till I'm sick of looking at holsters online. I keep going back to the DM Bullard site. His stuff looks niiiice. Anybody have any experience?

Not a Thumb break, but a retention holster check out the Bianchi Carryloc, I have used a lot of different holsters over the years and I simply love the Carryloc line. To bad they are only made for a limited # of guns.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    Not a Thumb break, but a retention holster check out the Bianchi Carryloc, I have used a lot of different holsters over the years and I simply love the Carryloc line. To bad they are only made for a limited # of guns.

NCH
    NCHornet, those look interesting. Too bad they don't make 'em for the P11. Hey, aren't you over on the rv.net boards?

The Bullard stuff is nice...but I agree. If CCing the gun a good belt and boned holster should provide more than enough retention. Imahgine in stress trying to clear you cover garment... grip the gun....release thumbreak and then draw. Just an unnecessary movement that adds time to your draw. If you were primarily OC'ing...I would recommend a higher security retention device. But really you dont need it. BTW I recommend HBE, and Mitch Rosen...or for off the shelf...Go with Galco.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Well, pulled the trigger and ordered the DM Bullard Bodyguard along with one of his heavy belts. Now I just gotta wait.

Been surfing site for a month. I have aquired alot of info. I have also narrowed my choice to bullard or ubg for my p9.This will l be my first real concealed holster.

Sponsored Links