Pure Kustoms Black Ops VS Black Ops Pro

This is a discussion on Pure Kustoms Black Ops VS Black Ops Pro within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am planning on getting on the waiting list for a Pure Kustoms holster and had a question for someone that hopefully owns one. From ...

Thread: Pure Kustoms Black Ops VS Black Ops Pro

I am planning on getting on the waiting list for a Pure Kustoms holster and had a question for someone that hopefully owns one. From looking at the pictures it seems like the main difference between the standard and the pro is that the pro is "clipable". I like the idea of the clipable holster so that I can remove if easily if I want to but I am a bit concerned about the clips. From looking at the pictures it seems like the clips protrude a bit from the body of the holster. Has anyone had any issues with the clips printing when a t-shirt or overshirt is worn?

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Thanks for your interest in my holsters. You can read some reviews from many members here.

Pure Kustom Holster Reviews

The main difference between the Black Ops and the Black Ops Pro. Is the Black Ops is a 6 position adjustable and the Pro is 18 position adjustable and also tuckable.
    Last edited by Pure Kustom; September 16th, 2009 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Thanks for your interest in my holsters. You can read some reviews from many members here.

Pure Kustom Holster Reviews
    If you have read one Pure Customs review then you have pretty much read them all. I have yet to come across anyone that didn't see say their Pure Kutoms holster wasnt the best they ever owned.

I try to do the very best job I can on ever holster. I make them like they were my own and I'm a picky SOB. I guess it's working so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    From looking at the pictures it seems like the main difference between the standard and the pro is that the pro is "clipable". I like the idea of the clipable holster so that I can remove if easily if I want to but I am a bit concerned about the clips. From looking at the pictures it seems like the clips protrude a bit from the body of the holster. Has anyone had any issues with the clips printing when a t-shirt or overshirt is worn?
    What clips in which pictures are you talking about? I have a Black Ops Pro, love it! Leather loops are what came with mine. I don't see any clips on his site, I see leather loops though. Maybe I'm missing them somewhere on there...

BTW, Rocky I'll do a review once I get a chance to wear it some on my next trip out of this state. I can't really use the holster much in this state, I did get to use it OWB for a combat shoot 2 days ago! :) The plastic bags helped, I should have read the instructions!

Rollo - You will NOT be disappointed in this holster.. I wear mine every waking moment that I'm dressed and it is totally comfortable. There is no way to put to words, other then I thought I had a comfortable holster when I got a new belt (The Beltman) and it didn't fit the my old loops well. I had been talking to Rocky about his, but couldn't justify the price. Well when the Belt came in I made my mind up to upgrade to a new holster and chose to annti up after reading reviews and emailing some that I knew had purchased PK holsters. I drove up to meet Rocky (great guy) and when I got home and put on the holster I was extremely happy. AND - It only got more comfortable in the next week and a half,.. :-)

A-men on Rocky's Black ops pro! I got my Beltman in a week ago and with my Bop from Rocky I'm good to go. This holster felt great before and now with the right belt it's just heavenly

Quote Originally Posted by SAnta01 View Post
    A-men on Rocky's Black ops pro! I got my Beltman in a week ago and with my Bop from Rocky I'm good to go. This holster felt great before and now with the right belt it's just heavenly
    Yeah, I have decided to go with the Blacks Ops. Put the online order form in last night. CANT FREAKING WAIT!!!

As far as price goes... I wouldnt put my kid (If i had one) in a cheap low quality car seat so why put what defends my family in a cheap piece of crap holster ;)

I doubt you'll be at all disappointed.
    I sure like mine.

Pure Kustom, I've looked at your website. love the leather work you've done. My question is, have you ever done a paddle type holster? Not to hijack the thread,just curious.
    "Come Watson, the game is afoot!"

Absolutely a stand up guy who knows how to build custom holsters! Excellent communicator and has a great turn around time. I have one of his custom tooled holsters and another one on the way as a gift to someone.
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

Thanks for the compliments guys. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Pure Kustom, I've looked at your website. love the leather work you've done. My question is, have you ever done a paddle type holster? Not to hijack the thread,just curious.
    Hello Smoke,

Thanks for the compliments. I don't make paddle holsters because I do not trust them. I make all my holsters with defence in mind. If you ever have to use a firearm. I want to make sure that my holsters will function as intended.

Paddle holsters can sometimes come off with a fast draw and still be on the firearm, same thing goes with clip holsters, That's why I don't make either. I am working on a snap holster. But first it will have to prove to me, to be trust worthy. Someones life might depend on it.

Rocky

Thanks, I'll look forward to seeing the snap holster then.
    "Come Watson, the game is afoot!"

Links