Snug gun

This is a discussion on Snug gun within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys I have a glock 30SF and I tried putting the gun in a desantis scabbard holster made for a glock 19. The gun ...

Thread: Snug gun

Snug gun

Hey guys I have a glock 30SF and I tried putting the gun in a desantis scabbard holster made for a glock 19. The gun fits it is just a little snug going in and coming out. Will this loosen with time or should I get another holster?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The slide on the G30sf is slightly thicker than the G19. That being said, it depends on how loose the holster was to begin. You might try stretching the holster a little, but I would suggest a properly fitted holster for that model.

Good luck.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by jrkrk View Post
    Hey guys I have a glock 30SF and I tried putting the gun in a desantis scabbard holster made for a glock 19. The gun fits it is just a little snug going in and coming out. Will this loosen with time or should I get another holster?
    It just aint right, and it never will be. IMO, get a Don Hume J.I.T. slide holster for your G30 OWB carry and you'll be good with small expense. The DeSantis Scabbard holsters are rather soft in my opinion, but the one I have for my P220 works perfectly for that, and of course it comes with a retention screw adjustment which I think I've almost torqued down all the way to get it the way I like it to fit. A leather holster made for a G19 will more than likely never fit your G30sf like it should no matter what you do. It will never mold to your G30, and likely your magazine release will get pushed inadvertently since it will go too deep. If you're using this method to just get by on holsters for your carry, then I would actually recommend another method. The G30 and G29 are different animals when it comes to holsters. You'll need something specific for those. Whereas holsters made for the mainstream Glocks in 9mm, 357sig, and 40S&W are pretty much generic throughout the full size, compact, and subcompact models with slight differences such as the length of muzzle/slide sticking out below. You really need the correct holster for your G30sf or you'll be fooling yourself and fidgeting with your gear most of the time while carrying since it's miss-matched. Anyone who carries owes it to themselves to feel secure in their means and methods. If they don't, then there's always doubt, and doubt is the enemy when it comes to saving your life.

Thanx guys.

I agree with a good well fitted holster for any weapon. It makes a difference.
    ** NRA Life Member***

Colt Defender .45
    Kel-Tec .380

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

One gun is going to feel too loose...get a new holster!OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You can never have too many holsters,whether you need them or not they seem to breed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Def. get a new holster. Your gun deserves it. LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links