Crossbreed Holsters... Good Experience.

Crossbreed Holsters... Good Experience.

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Holsters... Good Experience. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered a mini-tuck from Crossbreed and got it shortly after. I am happy with it and it works very well. There was one small ...

Thread: Crossbreed Holsters... Good Experience.

Thumbs up Crossbreed Holsters... Good Experience.

I ordered a mini-tuck from Crossbreed and got it shortly after. I am happy with it and it works very well. There was one small issue that I contacted them on as far as personal preference that I didn't discover until after I got it. No hassles, no haggles they sent me what I wanted to make it be the way I wanted. In turn that made me happy. Got here quickly. I am very pleased with the great customer service.

Just thought I'd share it with the group.

I would really like the Crossbreed if it came with the J hook style belt clips. It looks like a good carry system. I'm almost ready to try the Super Tuck for my 9, maybe I can add the J hooks myself.
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Xader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I would really like the Crossbreed if it came with the J hook style belt clips. It looks like a good carry system. I'm almost ready to try the Super Tuck for my 9, maybe I can add the J hooks myself.
    The J Hooks are only another $5 and chicago screws make clip installation a breeze.

On another note, what is the appeal of J Hooks? It seems they put all of the weight on your pants, and none on you belt. Doesn;t seem very effective except for very lightweight rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    The J Hooks are only another $5 and chicago screws make clip installation a breeze.

On another note, what is the appeal of J Hooks? It seems they put all of the weight on your pants, and none on you belt. Doesn;t seem very effective except for very lightweight rigs.
    Cool, thanks for the info.

I just think they are less noticeable, especially with a belt that's not the same color as the clip itself. IMO, What good is a tuckable holster if you can see the belt clips easily. I mean, any of us would be able to tell someone was carrying at a glance just by that fact alone. I'm not knocking it at all, in-fact I think I'm gonna order one now and change the clips out myself. I'm getting tired of the one I've been using.

Jhook1.jpgstandard.jpg
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Xader's Avatar
    Fair enough. I guess most dont even notice OC, much less a holster clip.

But also, I carry a FS 1911, so I need the belt's support. Plus, my gun belt is black, so contrast is nil. Now the velcro is an idea I could get behind when and if I get another belt in brown. Invisible, and secured to your belt

Excellent company. I purchased a ST for my sig p232. It ws promptly delivered and was a high quality product. For several reasons I ended up returning the product after a two week period and was promptly refunded my purchase per their warranty statement. VERY refreshing to have someone stand behind their product in such a fashion. I would rate CBH very high for the transaction process and would not hesitate to purchase any of their other products should the need arise.
    Last edited by 1980Maico440; September 17th, 2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: typos

I won't stop racing when I get old, I will get old when I stop racing

NRA Life, Master Mason, Jack-of-All-Trades (Master of None)

Amazing Service!

I emailed Mark on a Sunday concerning a stretched clip (kydex). Monday mourning he replied asking for my mailing address, low a behold Thursdays mail had a new set of metal clips. He must has mailed them the same day. Crossbreed is a company like all American company's were 40 yrs ago, providing quality products that are backed with a guarantee, one that's actually honored and in a timely manner no less.

Crossbreed will always have my business.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

SuperTuck

I recently got a SuperTuck. Very, very comfortable. The metal clips are not flat black but they aren't glossy. Blends well with my black belt. The kydex holds my handgun very securly. Did I mention how comfortable it was as compared to my other IWB holsters?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links