Crossbreed Holsters... Good Experience.

Crossbreed Holsters... Good Experience.

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Holsters... Good Experience. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered a mini-tuck from Crossbreed and got it shortly after. I am happy with it and it works very well. There was one small ...

Thread: Crossbreed Holsters... Good Experience.

Thumbs up Crossbreed Holsters... Good Experience.

I ordered a mini-tuck from Crossbreed and got it shortly after. I am happy with it and it works very well. There was one small issue that I contacted them on as far as personal preference that I didn't discover until after I got it. No hassles, no haggles they sent me what I wanted to make it be the way I wanted. In turn that made me happy. Got here quickly. I am very pleased with the great customer service.

Just thought I'd share it with the group.

I would really like the Crossbreed if it came with the J hook style belt clips. It looks like a good carry system. I'm almost ready to try the Super Tuck for my 9, maybe I can add the J hooks myself.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I would really like the Crossbreed if it came with the J hook style belt clips. It looks like a good carry system. I'm almost ready to try the Super Tuck for my 9, maybe I can add the J hooks myself.
    The J Hooks are only another $5 and chicago screws make clip installation a breeze.

On another note, what is the appeal of J Hooks? It seems they put all of the weight on your pants, and none on you belt. Doesn;t seem very effective except for very lightweight rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    The J Hooks are only another $5 and chicago screws make clip installation a breeze.

On another note, what is the appeal of J Hooks? It seems they put all of the weight on your pants, and none on you belt. Doesn;t seem very effective except for very lightweight rigs.
    Cool, thanks for the info.

I just think they are less noticeable, especially with a belt that's not the same color as the clip itself. IMO, What good is a tuckable holster if you can see the belt clips easily. I mean, any of us would be able to tell someone was carrying at a glance just by that fact alone. I'm not knocking it at all, in-fact I think I'm gonna order one now and change the clips out myself. I'm getting tired of the one I've been using.

Jhook1.jpgstandard.jpg
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    Fair enough. I guess most dont even notice OC, much less a holster clip.

But also, I carry a FS 1911, so I need the belt's support. Plus, my gun belt is black, so contrast is nil. Now the velcro is an idea I could get behind when and if I get another belt in brown. Invisible, and secured to your belt

Excellent company. I purchased a ST for my sig p232. It ws promptly delivered and was a high quality product. For several reasons I ended up returning the product after a two week period and was promptly refunded my purchase per their warranty statement. VERY refreshing to have someone stand behind their product in such a fashion. I would rate CBH very high for the transaction process and would not hesitate to purchase any of their other products should the need arise.
    Last edited by 1980Maico440; September 17th, 2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: typos

I won't stop racing when I get old, I will get old when I stop racing

NRA Life, Master Mason, Jack-of-All-Trades (Master of None)

Amazing Service!

I emailed Mark on a Sunday concerning a stretched clip (kydex). Monday mourning he replied asking for my mailing address, low a behold Thursdays mail had a new set of metal clips. He must has mailed them the same day. Crossbreed is a company like all American company's were 40 yrs ago, providing quality products that are backed with a guarantee, one that's actually honored and in a timely manner no less.

Crossbreed will always have my business.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

SuperTuck

I recently got a SuperTuck. Very, very comfortable. The metal clips are not flat black but they aren't glossy. Blends well with my black belt. The kydex holds my handgun very securly. Did I mention how comfortable it was as compared to my other IWB holsters?

Links