$7 Shoulder Holster from Amazon

This is a discussion on $7 Shoulder Holster from Amazon within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Read the Amazon reviews before you laugh. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product Also read this TexasCHLforum.com • View topic - Decent Nylon Shoulder Holster...

Thread: $7 Shoulder Holster from Amazon

Last edited by psehorne; September 17th, 2009 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Added correct link to Amazon

Are you aware that your first link goes to the main menu of this forum?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Are you aware that your first link goes to the main menu of this forum?
    I have removed the first link posted as it does display the forum home page.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    I have removed the first link posted as it does display the forum home page.
    Correct link to Amazon Amazon.com: Shoulder Holster: Sports & Outdoors
    Paul
    Springfield XD(M) 9mm, Springfield XD Sub-compact 9mm, Kel Tec PF9
    09/16/2009: USPS Delivered Application
    10/09/2009: Received Pin # in the mail, status 'processing application'
    12/08/2009: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
    12/14/2009: Plastic in hand

Not a big fan of a holster that would sweep anyone behind me. Yes, I know the rule about not putting your finger on the trigger, so I *probably* would not shoot anyone while removing it. However, there is also the rule about not pointing your weapon at anything you don't want to destroy and knowing what is beyond. Will something happen? Doubtful. Potential does exist. Not a shabby looking holster though.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Faitmaker View Post
    Not a big fan of a holster that would sweep anyone behind me. Yes, I know the rule about not putting your finger on the trigger, so I *probably* would not shoot anyone while removing it. However, there is also the rule about not pointing your weapon at anything you don't want to destroy and knowing what is beyond. Will something happen? Doubtful. Potential does exist. Not a shabby looking holster though.
    I'd encourage you to get over your fear in this regard...even pocket carry can point the pistol at others. The gun won't go off by itself in the holster, I assure you. And, since most (or many) shoulder holster designs are horizontal, muzzle direction is to the rear.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    I'd encourage you to get over your fear in this regard...even pocket carry can point the pistol at others. The gun won't go off by itself in the holster, I assure you. And, since most (or many) shoulder holster designs are horizontal, muzzle direction is to the rear.
    It's not about any fear. It's about the rules. I keep them. I don't pocket carry either. I carry in a holster at my hip. I'm sure the gun won't go off but.. hell.. it's not loaded either right? Well as long as it won't go off. How many ND's are done in a holster? None, right?

Many shoulder rigs are horizontal because it can be difficult to unholster vertical. Muzzle direction is to the rear? Do you never have anyone behind you?

If I were to get a shoulder rig, I would go with the vertical. That's my opinion and your mileage may vary.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Sponsored Links