Replace kydex clip with metal on an IWB holster?

This is a discussion on Replace kydex clip with metal on an IWB holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a kydex IWB holster that I plan to use for a quick on/off as needed. I don't wear belts normally and this will ...

Thread: Replace kydex clip with metal on an IWB holster?

I have a kydex IWB holster that I plan to use for a quick on/off as needed. I don't wear belts normally and this will be clipping directly to the pants. I have no problem with kydex in general, but I really wish that the clip was metal. Metal seems to be sturdier and I've seen some really tight-looking metal clips on leather holsters.

So can someone suggest a way to replace it with a metal clip and securely attach it? Currently, the kydex clip can be tightened or loosened by adjusting to allen head screws and there are round rubber buffers/spacers that the screws squeeze when doing so.

Ideas?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Knifekits.com has a variety of clip;s and screws, but I'm not sure if I would go that route. Hate to draw your weapon and still have a holster on the end.
    "Train Hard & Train Often"

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I have a kydex IWB holster that I plan to use for a quick on/off as needed. I don't wear belts normally and this will be clipping directly to the pants.
    Unless you are carrying a very small gun and wear very tight-waisted pants, I'm willing to bet you change your attitude on belts after you've carried a couple of times.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Crossbreed sells the metal clips. If you just swap clips and utilize the screws and spacers you have it might work.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I've never seen holsters with adjustable belt clips, just the holster part to adjust the retention on the gun. Where did you get adjustable kydex belt clips?

On second look, if you're talking about where the clip attaches to the leather, the rubber grommet gives that point a little more flexibility to make it more molded to your body shape. If you eliminate the attachment grommets it may be fine.
    Last edited by NC Bullseye; September 19th, 2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Senior moment

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    I've never seen holsters with adjustable belt clips, just the holster part to adjust the retention on the gun. Where did you get adjustable kydex belt clips?

On second look, if you're talking about where the clip attaches to the leather, the rubber grommet gives that point a little more flexibility to make it more molded to your body shape. If you eliminate the attachment grommets it may be fine.
    It's a Comp-Tac Infidel. I love the holster itself but I wish the clip was metal.

I hadn't thought about actually removing the grommets. That might work.

This is strictly for a quick on/off situation, like if I'm puttering around on a weekend and decide to drop a line in a creek somewhere. I would never walk around all day carrying IWB with no belt. Then it would be a belt and the SuperTuck.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Sponsored Links