iTAC Defense Retention Roto Paddle Holster

This is a discussion on iTAC Defense Retention Roto Paddle Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got home from the local gun show with one of these holsters. I was looking for a Blackhawk CQC, but they don't make them ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zacii

Thread: iTAC Defense Retention Roto Paddle Holster

iTAC Defense Retention Roto Paddle Holster

Just got home from the local gun show with one of these holsters. I was looking for a Blackhawk CQC, but they don't make them for a Taurus 1911ar. This particular holster is made in Israel, and it's made specifically for my 1911ar. I've attached some pics, notice the toothed attachment between the paddle and the holster. There is a screw that you access through the hole on the release button to adjust the cant. This is my first experiment with the button release type retention holsters and I think I'm going to like it for my defensive handgun training and as an OWB holster under a jacket this winter.
    Attached Images
    Jhun likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

2. Remove Ads

Very cool. You'll have to let us know how it works out with some use
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Nice lookin paddle holster. I have a Fobus paddle holster for both my Glock and my Kahr, both of um have a small degree of forward cant built in. I like it the way it is now, but it would be nice to be able adjust it if wanted to. I like your Taurus PT, I'm in the market for a .45 and its on the list to check out. Cheers.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    They are being sold on Ebay. Prices are quite reasonable. I have been meaning to buy one just to check them out.

Search all of Ebay for "RSR Defense"

That same adjustable cant feature was first used in the Ernie Hill speed competition rigs many moons ago. Just FYI.

VIP Member
    I'm thinkin' a feller could even use that for his cross draw while driving holster!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Get that button into the muscle memory for when the SHTF in a Wally World parking lot...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Zacii, I have the same paddle holster for my Sig 2022. It works great and the adjustable cant is a really nice feature.

My only concern is that it puts the butt of the pistol way out from my side and makes it hard to conceal with a loos fitting shirt. Do you have the same problem? If so, what do you do to make the printing less noticeable?
    NRA Life member
    USCCA member
    A muscle not exercised will eventually atrophy.
    A right not exercised will eventually be taken away!

Quote Originally Posted by RmScadd View Post
    Zacii, I have the same paddle holster for my Sig 2022. It works great and the adjustable cant is a really nice feature.

My only concern is that it puts the butt of the pistol way out from my side and makes it hard to conceal with a loos fitting shirt. Do you have the same problem? If so, what do you do to make the printing less noticeable?
    I haven't played with it enough, yet.

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I just picked up almost the same holster for my PT-1911 AR, but mine has the Taurus logo and name in it as well. Mine is not for carry but for range use. I just cant get used to the non-leather holsters. I have yet to find a leather holster for my AR especially since my main mode of carry is IWB. Here is mine:

The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Mine is the same thing, but has the SIG name on it. I bought it as soon as I bought the pistol, just to have a holster and it was inexpensive. I have ordered the Snap leather holster from Side Guard Holsters to use as my everyday carry holster.

I agree that the Kydex is a good holster, but only for range use. Just wondering if they all hold the butt of the gun out from your side.
    NRA Life member
    USCCA member
    A muscle not exercised will eventually atrophy.
    A right not exercised will eventually be taken away!

holster update

I just got back from Front Sight, last week. I used this holster half of the time. I really like it. Even with the retention button, I can present from this holster faster than with my IWB leather holster.

It's sits too far off the body for CC with just a shirt to cover, but a jacket works good. The only problem I'm encountering is that all of my jackets are too short to cover my full size 1911. Sounds like a good excuse to buy a new winter coat.

Please give me the site or a gun store in the philippines where i can buy this holster made from israel. thanks! Jhun

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhun View Post
    Please give me the site or a gun store in the philippines where i can buy this holster made from israel. thanks! Jhun
    NEW TAURUS LOGO PT1911 45 acp 360 ROTO Push Button PADDLE HOLSTER ITAC TAU 1911 | eBay

Links