Vehicle Holster Mount

This is a discussion on Vehicle Holster Mount within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all. New here to the forum. Looking for some info. Anyone tried one of these? www.gumcreekcustoms.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Holster Mount

Vehicle Holster Mount

Hi all. New here to the forum. Looking for some info.

Anyone tried one of these?

www.gumcreekcustoms.com

2. Remove Ads

I haven't tried one, but I am going to. For the price, I'll give it a try.

I made a custom gun mount in my 2002 Dodge Intrepid which uses a piece of strap metal bolted to the floor which runs along side the center console next to my right leg. It is mounted close to the gas pedal and positions the gun under the dash next to the center console with the holster mounted in a perfect position to draw.

I don't have any pictures but it is a perfect setup and rock solid.

I just got a new 2008 Toyota 4Runner and I am hesitant to put a permanent mount in it yet, so I will give this a try and see if it's too flimsy.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Thanks for the reply. The side view pic illustrates an enclosed metal support bar so that should help. Yes, the price is just right.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    That mounting location just doesn't work for me. Every time you open the driver's side door, your gun becomes visible to anyone who happens to be watching. That could invite theft or who knows what.

I'm working on a design of my own. Once I make some progress, I'll post pics.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    That mounting location just doesn't work for me. Every time you open the driver's side door, your gun becomes visible to anyone who happens to be watching. That could invite theft or who knows what.

I should really go out and take some pics of the custom built one I have in my Intrepid. I just hate to because I haven't cleaned the car lately since I'm in my truck most the time.

I may do that today and post some pics later. I'll start a new thread if I do.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I should really go out and take some pics of the custom built one I have in my Intrepid. I just hate to because I haven't cleaned the car lately since I'm in my truck most the time.

I may do that today and post some pics later. I'll start a new thread if I do.
    Please do so if you get the chance. I would love to see it and I bet others would as well.

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

How do you think law enforcement would respond to this, while performing a routine traffic stop (say you ran a yellow/red light)?

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post

I think the intention is supposed to be more of you get in and then put the pistol in. I do think it would work better in a grey/black interior than a lighter colored one.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

OMO but I prefer the cross draw-driving holster now whenever I am out and about in the car. Moving a pistol from one place to another (from belt holster to dash board) is a very easy way to get made.

When getting into the car a quick bend of my belt and the gun is in a perfect position should I need to get at it in a hurry. When getting out of the car I just twist the holster back to the upright cross draw position and I am ready to go.

I do not have to worry what car I am getting into and do not stand the chance of leaving it behind.

The pistol remains covered by my shirt or jacket at all times and is not visible should I ever be pulled over for a routine stop.

To me it is the answer to a problem I have always had when going from riding to walking.

bosco

VIP Member
    It's certainly a personal choice but I do not like not having my weapon ON me. It's too easy to get separated from it especially in an auto accident or any time you might need to flee your vehicle.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Great idea

This is a perfect replacement to shoving a gun between or under my seat. As far as keeping the gun on me I prefer to take mine out when I'm in the car but currently do not have a good place other then my console which is not very accessible.

I'll be getting one or two (for my wife's car) depending on well the first one works.

Has anybody tried on yet?

yep

Same here. I wanted one simply to put my gun in temporarily while driving place to place while conceal carrying. I got one from them not long ago, they are a new business, three great guys who run it. Well made and works great in my truck. No regrets.

thanks

thanks for the info and suggestions..I got what I wanted.

It looks practical, but in FL, it should not be in 'view'...it must be covered.
    I either use a fanny pack, a crossdraw to driving holster, or place my firearm between the seat and console with a hat over it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

yep

Good point. It wouldn't take hardly any effort to cover it though. Slap some material over it and it's good to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links