Defensive Carry banner

paddle outside or inside the pants holster for the s&w 40ve

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  P95Carry 
#1 ·
was wondering if any one can give me advice am caught in the middle between an inside the pants and a paddle style holster any views greatly appreciated

#2 ·
I think you will find most people do IWB. Myself I like OWB. Paddle holsters in my opinion sit to low on your belt which means the gun is lower. If you wear extra long shirts then no biggie. I do not so thats why I like the belt holsters. I buy Galco Conceal Masters. I also own paddle holsters but do not use them much. You might get some post on how easy paddle holsters can be ripped off your body but then again none of my holsters have locking straps so it would be just as easy to take the gun as it would to take the holster.

Good luck

#5 ·
Yes, a paddle does tend to stick out a bit more. Nothing better for me than a good belt slide pancake like my Eagle Defender from K&D - an OWB of course - if holds in tight but needs belt undone to take off.

Fortunately I can wear it 16/7 as my dress options are broad. If choosing beteen IWB and paddle then IWB would have to be the winner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.