tuckable question

This is a discussion on tuckable question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have experience with either Bullards tucables or Mitch Rosen tuckables? What I am interested in knowing is if the shirt stays tucked around the ...

Thread: tuckable question

tuckable question

Anyone have experience with either Bullards tucables or Mitch Rosen tuckables? What I am interested in knowing is if the shirt stays tucked around the holster satisfactorily?
    Lloyd

Eternity is a long time, do you know for certain where you will spend it?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Safety First View Post
    Anyone have experience with either Bullards tucables or Mitch Rosen tuckables? What I am interested in knowing is if the shirt stays tucked around the holster satisfactorily?
    I don't know, but I will offer the opinion that, no matter who the holster maker is, a shirt staying tucked is more of function of the design of the shirt tail than of the holster.

Shirts with long tails, designed to be worn inside the pants in the first place, will stay tucked far better than short-tailed shirts that just barely extend below the belt line. Dress shirts and long-tailed polo shirts are just a couple of examples.

If the shirt is designed for outside the waist, you are going to have a problem keeping it tucked - holster or not.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    What majorlk said.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Its not a Mitch Rosen, but my Comp-tac Minotaur (leather body, kydex parts) stays tucked just fine, wearing proper length dress and causal shirts. I'm paranoid and check it too often, but it never seems to move enough for me to notice, much less anyone else, even after I sit in the car.

Granted, I'm usually more concerned about making sure it's un-tucked just enough to not print and cover the belt clips, but not so much as to make me look like I can't tuck my shirt properly.

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post

If the shirt is designed for outside the waist, you are going to have a problem keeping it tucked - holster or not.
    +1 The clothes are almost as important as the holster!
    [One Nation Under God]

Bullard TxCC w/ tuckable option

I should receive my Bullard TCC on Monday, since it shipped today via USPS Priority Mail. I ordered it with the tuckable belt loop option to fit my Beretta Px4 SC 9mm, my choice when wearing dress clothes and tuck a shirt. When I receive it I'll post a short review post to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Safety First View Post

I have been wearing my Bullard dual carry for several days now with M&P 9C. It is great quality, but still haven't gotten the positioning just right. I wore it tucked today (for the first time) and found that it held the shirt perfectly. I was very paranoid and was checking it constantly. I ordered the belt loops, but I think I actually prefer the metal clips right now.

VIP Member
    Clothes make the man...The right clothes, cover the holster...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I can't comment on the Mitch Rosen but I do own the single clip tuckable model from Bullard. As the others have said, it's more a function of the clothing you're wearing. The only times I have an issue is when the shirt that is being tucked is too short and starts to come up a little bit. Other than that, everything stays secured.

Mitch Rosen "Workman"

I've been using a Mitch Rosen WKM (Workman) for around 15 years and have had very little trouble keeping it "tucked" when I want it that way. The major factor I've found is to wear shirts designed to stay tucked in.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

I ma using an 1811 from DeSantis gunhide and it works great!

Commerce Storefront B2C

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    long-tailed polo shirts are just a couple of examples.
    Ralph Lauren Polo makes excellent polos for this. I wear them all the time - high quality, last forever, and long tails for tucking into your holster. Plus, they're great if you choose not to tuck it in too.

Bullard TxCC holster

Well, I promised to get back with a review on this holster, so here it is. I've worn this holster for approximately 1 week now with a Beretta Px4 SC 9mm.

First, the workmanship is first rate, better than any other holster I have owned, and I've owned a few. However, I'm not too happy with the holster for reasons other than workmanship. Unfortunately, they are all due to my own choices. I can't blame Bullard.

1. Stackup -- I ordered the lined version and the tuckable belt loop option. Each of these increases the stackup dimension significantly, in addition to the weight. This unit is heavy for something concealing a subcompact pistol.
    2. Unbalanced -- By design the Texas Concealed Carry holster has a spare mag holder included in the holster. Unfortunately, the clip or belt loop, depending on your choice, are aligned on the pistol side of the holster, leaving the mag carrier off balance. This causes the holster to rotate and the mag carrier to often slip below the belt line.

As far as staying tucked, it works well, keeping in mind the above complaint about the mag carrier end of the holster slipping down. The workmanship is so good, that I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Bullard product. He makes some other holsters that I wish I had chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by jamullinstx View Post
    I should receive my Bullard TCC on Monday, since it shipped today via USPS Priority Mail. I ordered it with the tuckable belt loop option to fit my Beretta Px4 SC 9mm, my choice when wearing dress clothes and tuck a shirt. When I receive it I'll post a short review post to this thread.

Thanks for the input .... I am interested in the Kydex clips that Bullards offers on the Tuckable IWB. Any experience with that set-up and would the Kydex clips blend well on a black shark belt?
    Thanks again
    Lloyd

Eternity is a long time, do you know for certain where you will spend it?

Links