holster for a suit...no jacket worn

This is a discussion on holster for a suit...no jacket worn within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I need some advice on options. I'd like to carry wearing what I sometimes wear at work. I go from 5.11 panst, jeans (no ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ok, I need some advice on options. I'd like to carry wearing what I sometimes wear at work. I go from 5.11 panst, jeans (no real issue there) or a suit (minus the coat).

That said, what is an option for not printing wearing the above mentioned, again with no jacket?

Gun would be a G26 or smaller sized gun.

Thanks,
    ml

Well it's not really a suit if you don't wear a jacket. Suit would be business professional, without the coat is business casual. But anyway, to answer your question I would get a Crossbreed Supertuck, and tuck it. Maybe even get some V-clips to conceal even better.

Or even the MTAC or CTAC, but I have no personal experience with these..

Well, I bring the jacket, but I don't wear it around the office...only as I come and go. Sorry for the confusion.

Ahh ok. Still would recommend the above.

My favorite holster for such occasions! Very Comfortable and can worn 18 + hours and not even know you're wearing a gun. Can be adjustable without removing it and the shoulder straps carry the weight of the gun so you hardly know it's there. Get the Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster and you won't regret it. I've worn it so much I wore it out and now working on my second one. I've carried Glock-23, 3" Stainless Ruger Speed Six, Ruger SP-101 snubby, XD9sc and Colt Officers model .45. Very versatile rig and the comfort is unbelievable. The retention strap over the gun is removable and I usually carry without it and never had a problem with retaining the gun, but it's there if you prefer it.

Unless you're accustomed to playing grab ass at work and have people grabbing you all the time, no one will ever know you're carrying a gun. (btw... that kind of activity is not conducive to any form of carrying a gun.)

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    +1 on the Crossbreed Supertuck.

Bark'n, thanks for the write-up on the shoulder rig, I have wondered if those work in real life. May have to try one.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Mlomeli: I carry concealed 5 days a week at work, and I wear a suit under similar circumstances (jacket to work and off it comes...). I use a Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster :: Inside Waist Band :: Holsters :: Blade-Tech Industries. It is tuckable, and I haven't been "made" yet.

At least no one has ever said anything. Most people aren't looking though...
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Depending upon the pants, pocket carry is an option. When going somewhere in a suit, knowing that the coat might come off, I put the snubbie or the .380 in my front pocket.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I ware a suit a at least 2 days a week and its on and off with the coat. Being around and dealing with a lots of folks this is a problem. The answer I found for me is a smaller gun. In my case Kel Tec P3AT either front right pocket carry in Uncle Mikes #2 or ankle holster carry. I have tried both of these methods with Kel Tec PF9 which is smaller than G26 and found it printed to much. For me it was a smaller gun that has worked well.

+1, What Bark'n said, or depending on your physical condition. The smart carry might be a good alternative.SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters Good luck.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Consider Alessi or 5 Shot Leather Ankle Holster for the G26. I carry my G27, no problems.

No worries about printing from the shirt or someone 'brushing' you and feeling metal.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    +1, What Bark'n said, or depending on your physical condition. The smart carry might be a good alternative.SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters Good luck.
    I'm 31...5,8 and roughly 185. I think I'm in decent shape

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    C-TAC
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

The pocket holsters are great alternatives: Commerce Storefront B2C

VIP Member
    A suit without a coat is a bit of an oxymoron. With a suit coat (with or without a vest) I prefer a slim fitted shoulder rig, such as the Galco “Executive”. I’m not sure if these guys are still in business since their website has been down or just soOoo slow for several months, I can’t really tell. But if they are still around, then that’s what I would consider.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links