shoulder holster

shoulder holster

This is a discussion on shoulder holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; could some one direct me to a brand or make of a shoulder holster they really like. leather or otherwise for under 100.00 bucks to ...

Thread: shoulder holster

shoulder holster

could some one direct me to a brand or make of a shoulder holster they really like. leather or otherwise for under 100.00 bucks to carry a p85
    TOMMY

Try this place JBP Holsters / Holsterama Home Page they have one for $109. It looks like the Galco Miami Classic. I have the Galco Miami Classic II for Beretta 92FS, but they're a little higher.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    To shoulder-carry a bulky gun like that, make sure to budget for a full-cut cover garment! On the original question, I am not so sure there are many comfortable shoulder rigs in your price range. I have an Andrews Monarch, for a P229, which I really like, but the only time I wear it is when I am going to be seated in an air-conditioned vehicle for long periods of time. I see them on evilbay periodically, and even those tend to bid higher than your price range. I have an old Weapons Systems nylon rig for 4" sixguns, for which I paid less than $100, but that was quite a long time ago.

I bought one (from Fist) and here in FL, I seldom use it. Not a bad holster, just not extremely useful in warmer weather. OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have an Unkle Mike's nylon vertical shoulder holster . It really isn't too bad and it is under $100 (actually I got two of them - one right handed and one left handed - for $5.00 each from a bargain barrel. I combined them to carry two 1911's. Don't ask why.) They are decent holsters. I much prefer my Galco shoulder Holsters, however. I have one for my 1911's and one for my Beretta 92. I rarely carry my Beretta, but Galco makes a very good shoulder holster. It will probably cost $150 but it is worth it.

I like this one at $59.95 plus shipping: SpecGear TRUSS Holster Tactical Belly Band Undercover Weapon System Pictures and Features for Law Enforcement

The holster has a 15-degree reverse cant which helps hide a long grip like your P85.

The Truss has places for 4 mags (with retaining straps), a small flashlight, and 2 pairs of cuffs (or whatever else you want to put in compartments approximately 3.5" x 3.5").

I'm wearing one right now, the X-draw.

The Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster is cheaper at $35, but the gun has a slightly forward cant which will expose the grip of a large gun a bit more than the Truss would.

The Deep Concealment holds two mags, with no retaining straps.

It is lighter and made with less material than the Truss, but both conceal well.

Each has slight advantages. I own and use both of them.

I'll go ahead and show you something if you promise not to laugh. Okay...you can laugh, but just don't do it out loud here. I actually had one of these before my former Old World leather shoulder rig and I used it for a P89DC and then a 1911 as well. Ballistic nylon, and velcro among other things. But this rig was very adjustable, comfortable, and modular for me.
    Galati International Online: Concealment Rig for 4-5 inch Barrel Autos - Horizontal Holster with Closed Trigger Guard - Galati

VIP Member
    Miami classic II...don't wear it often, but when I have to sit for long periods, it's great...don't need the belt tie downs, as it doesn't swing out of the sport coat when I bend over

Maybe that's what attracted Melanie Griffith to Don Johnson?
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Sponsored Links