My new Galco Miami Classic II. With pictures.

This is a discussion on My new Galco Miami Classic II. With pictures. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Miami Classic. The main difference is that your holster, (MCII), has wider straps at the shoulder than the other two. If you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new Galco Miami Classic II. With pictures.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I have a Miami Classic. The main difference is that your holster, (MCII), has wider straps at the shoulder than the other two. If you carry a full sized gun this would of course help spread the weight over a larger area. I sometimes think about buying the strap set to see how much of a difference it would make. I carry a really light gun though so it's never been a issue with me.

I'm not sure I can agree with your statement;
    Give it enough time and you won't even know you have it on.
    I find it difficult to not be constantly aware of the holster. To me, at least, it is always "there". Depends on how active you are.

The quality of the Galco is good, you can expect many years of service. Take time to get the fitting correct. Having another person to help you makes it go faster. Some people find they like to use tie-downs to limit holster movement.

The really neat thing about the Galcos is the modular concept they have. There are many accessories available to tailor the rig to your specific needs.

2. Remove Ads

I like the open and horizontal position of the mag carrier of the Classic II. That's one of the reasons I chose it.

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    congrats
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    I have a Miami Classic. The main difference is that your holster, (MCII), has wider straps at the shoulder than the other two. If you carry a full sized gun this would of course help spread the weight over a larger area. I sometimes think about buying the strap set to see how much of a difference it would make. I carry a really light gun though so it's never been a issue with me.

I'm not sure I can agree with your statement;

I find it difficult to not be constantly aware of the holster. To me, at least, it is always "there". Depends on how active you are.

The quality of the Galco is good, you can expect many years of service. Take time to get the fitting correct. Having another person to help you makes it go faster. Some people find they like to use tie-downs to limit holster movement.

The really neat thing about the Galcos is the modular concept they have. There are many accessories available to tailor the rig to your specific needs.
    I guess what I should have said was "give it enough time and it will become less bothersome and more comfortable"
    "A coward dies a thousand deaths. But a man dies only once."

los
    Congrats!

Great looking Rig,....Sweet looking weapon,.... and an awesome looking Avatar.!!! ...
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Whenever I can cover it (In Minnesota that is nine months of the year), I carry my 1911 in a Galco shoulder holster. I rarely have to carry it more then eight or nine hours a day, but I have found it to be very easy to carry for that length of time and extremely convenient. I have belt holsters and I likethem, but my Galco shoulder holsters are my favorite. They are well made, the gun is easily accessable, they are comfortable, and they look dang good.

I think highly of a shoulder holster from Galco.

I have had Jackass rigs for my Glock 19 and 1911s for probably 25 years, or more, the Jackass has the widest straps over the shoulder of the 3. These are the only holsters I have ever used for that long and I don't see ever not using them.

I love the Galco Miami Classic....I have at least a half dozen of them for various guns.

Yep, I'm a fan of the Miami Classic. For the money, I think Galco is the finest "off the rack" holster maker there is, at least when it comes to their shoulder holster rigs.

Great looking setup you've got there. Just don't forget that if you order a replacement holster for your G23, you're also going to need another double mag pouch as well.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links