New to cc - need OWB help

This is a discussion on New to cc - need OWB help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, everyone. I just received my permit in the mail, only waited about 5 weeks here in Florida. I was shocked it only took that ...

Thread: New to cc - need OWB help

Hello, everyone. I just received my permit in the mail, only waited about 5 weeks here in Florida. I was shocked it only took that long. Anyway, yesterday was my first day of carrying period, and I used a previously purchased IWB Baby Ghost from Bluegrass. It was fine, and got more comfortable throughout the day. But, I started thinking about OWB already. I wear my shirts untucked and with either pants or shorts to work. I think I would like to try a OWB holster that has a sweat shield or whatever it is technically called. Something along the lines of the Don Hume H721 OT. What else should I be looking at? Thanks for your suggestions. Carrying for the first time, didn't feel to strange. For moments at a time I did forget I had it on. I didn't even tell my wife I had it one until we got home after dinner!

Thanks!

The Don Hume is a good holster for the money. Here is my Springfield XD Sub Compact in mine.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Welcome from Southern Illinois! The Don Hume is probably one of the best off the shelf holsters for the price. Just do a search on holsters and you'll get your full content on this site. :)
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Take a look at my The Slide. It is my most common model and one that conceals very well. I also generally have a very good stock of them so fast shipping for most common guns even lefties.

Side Guard Holsters - OWB Holsters - The Slide

MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Thanks for the responses. I have searched a ton, and I find a lot of good info on many OWB holsters. But not all have the sweat guard. I like the Concealable from Galco but it doesn't have the guard. I don't like wearing t-shirts as undergarments, its just too hot here!

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    welcome from michigan another don hume fan
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Go all the way buy a real custom leather holster and font look back at the shelf store stuff

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

My last purchase...I've gone from all IWB to a very comfortable OWB for my Glock-36 and I'm very pleased with the comfort.

FIST, INC.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    "Take a look at my The Slide. It is my most common model and one that conceals very well. I also generally have a very good stock of them so fast shipping for most common guns even lefties."

Side Guard Holsters - OWB Holsters - The Slide

Erik's a good guy. I've known of him, and communicated with him since he started. I'd recommend him in a second.

I have been looking a lot at the Fist line of holsters because of reading man of your posts. I was looking at the #8, #9, and #12. What is your opinion on the close cropped versions? Also, do you think it necessary to add the "body protector' being in Florida yourself?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    from Central Florida!

My last purchase...I've gone from all IWB to a very comfortable OWB for my Glock-36 and I'm very pleased with the comfort.

FIST, INC.

ret

Sponsored Links